Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roller rockers

appi11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Any 1 know the best ratio roller rockers to get and or are they not worth it, I have read that too high effects highway economy and I do a but of highway driving so don't want to effect that too much

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
1.9 are pretty good from mace. I have a set and also do alot of highway driving, didn't notice any rise in fuel usage either. They also do a 1.91 if you want a little more power.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Do it mate good bang for buck.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
or u can get a set of cams?

you could but a set of cam lobes come attached to the cam shaft, much more involved to install this than removing rocker cover's and bolting the rockers on.

94commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
true but cams would increase the life of ur valves and valve springs as cams hold the valves open longer instead of increasing valve lift causing extra wear

Jamiejamie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S
Ideally putting a cam in would prove better but a lot of work plus you have to have a tune to go with it which the rockers don't. The valves can more than handle the rockers. Rockers are 70-80% of the power of a mild cam for half the price and only half hour work.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
true but cams would increase the life of ur valves and valve springs as cams hold the valves open longer instead of increasing valve lift causing extra wear

There is not many aftermarket cams out there that only increase duration, most will provide more lift as well.