Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof condensation

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
Hi everyone,

Last night after driving i was sitting in the car chatting and put my hand up on the roof (currently roof lining out being re-upholstered) and it was covered in water im presuming condensation but there was a fair bit of it on there.

Is this normal and should it be happening if this is happening all the time is there something that can be done so as the roof lining is not going to be getting wrecked, saggy and go mouldy.

Rambodian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
That is normal, when the roof lining gets put back on it will insulate against this happening. Condensation forms on any cold metal surface because heat is transferred from water vapour in the air, which warms the surface and cools the vapor causing water formation (condensation) on the cold surface. It won't be exposed once insulated again.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I think it's normal, I've also got my roof liner off.. Slept in my car one night (freeziest night this month) and i had the same thing.
I dont think it wrecks the roofliner, or even does it when you have it on there.. + that insulation **** thats inbetween the roof and roofliner should stop it..

kezzaj666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore ute, Manual
ok awsome didnt want to go to all this work getting my new Kustom roof lining done to have it wrecked thanks heeps for the feedback apprecaited heeps guys..

And i feel for you sleeping in the car GothicKidd its cold in mine just driving with no heater working let alone sleeping in there hahaha