Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof Mounted DVD Player

fjvermeeren

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Calais VE
Hi sorry if this has been asked before.... And this is probably a stupid question, it's has been a long day I got home from work and started pull the headliner out in the rain and managed to do with all the doors cloesd watching instruction on Youtube I was surprised at how fast it was.

my old unit is on the right with a remote that works and a drop-down screen that is broken-no facia. The newish one on the left and has no remote.

Is it possible to take certain parts off the old unit so I can use the new one with the remote.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240501_200955.jpg
    20240501_200955.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 46

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The remote should work on both but yes you should be able to swap bits around, they both look the same so i doubt the parts are different between the two.

fjvermeeren

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Calais VE
The remote should work on both but yes you should be able to swap bits around, they both look the same so i doubt the parts are different between the two.
I put the new unit in, I turned it o manually and came up with thus message on the screen "security lockout vehical data mismatch" I know there is a slim box with a fuse onit that sits between the DVD unit and the roof of the vehicle. I might try to swap them over and see if that works?

Attachments

• 20240502_100450.jpg
    20240502_100450.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 25

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I put the new unit in, I turned it o manually and came up with thus message on the screen "security lockout vehical data mismatch" I know there is a slim box with a fuse onit that sits between the DVD unit and the roof of the vehicle. I might try to swap them over and see if that works?

typical gm lol
they have vin locked that module which means it needs to read the vin from the vehicle for it to work.

try that little box but it is probably the main module that needs attention.

i have never worked with the dvd module but the process will be the same and that will be attempting to reprogram it using a mdi or the way i do it is open the module up and find the eeprom and modify the code stored on the eeprom to match the vin of the vehicle it is going in to.

maybe have a chat to some of these people as they provide reprogramming services and they have probably worked with the dvd module.

fjvermeeren

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Calais VE
Well it didn't work i switched everything over and still had the error im gurssing the initial "missmatch error" put a block onit some how....which is all good I'll wait for the next service and see is if a Holden dealer can sort it out.

I'm thinking of having a go at doing the uphaustry myself in leather, after pulling the headliner out.

Thanks for the advice

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Well it didn't work i switched everything over and still had the error im gurssing the initial "missmatch error" put a block onit some how....which is all good I'll wait for the next service and see is if a Holden dealer can sort it out.

I'm thinking of having a go at doing the uphaustry myself in leather, after pulling the headliner out.

Thanks for the advice

the message will go away once the correct vin is received.
the mylink, dash cluster and other vehicle modules have the same security check and it is just your vehicles vin needing to match the one stored in the module.

it cant hurt to try asking the dealer but dont be surprised if they have no idea how to do it, it is kind of hit and miss with dealers on things like this.

have a talk to @TazzI
he is a member here and he owns envyouscustoms.com and he knows what he is doing with module programming.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Only just saw this tag now!
Id recommend looking into OBDSync.com, this is a new application I have been working on, and will allow reprogramming basically anything I do.
The roof DVD system is an option we will be adding in shortly.