Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rotary Tool Kit advice

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Wasn't sure where to put this but we don't seem to have a tool thread sticky anywhere (even though we should)

I'm wanting to buy a rotary tool kit since they are obviously very handy little things with a million uses but unsure what brand to go with. After reading through quite a few reviews it has come down to Dremel vs Ozito. Both have a large range of accessories, both have similar wattage (ozito being 5w less), warranty is 4 years vs 3yrs so not a huge difference there. Only major difference is the $188 vs $40. Could really use some advice from people who have owned either or both models.

Last edited:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i bought an ozito angle grinder for 30 bucks, it lasted around 100 hours, then bought 2 more all of which lasted around 100 hors, then bought a bosche for 250 odd and its still going strong today.

my suggestion is to ditch the dremel idea totally and go air-powered. air power is VERY reliable, the tools tend to last 20 years if well oiled. and this grinder is fkn awesome, you can get it inside anything ;)

micro_air_die_grinder_Round_housing_.jpg

think they are 50 bucks from bunnings.

pair that with these:
!C!GW0gwEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!lwEz+2CIlkiBNBtn82OZw~~_3.JPG

1 PC TUNGSTEN CARBIDE ROTARY BURR 1/8" SHANK 1/4" HEAD | eBay

and you have yourself hours of grinding fun fun fun in the sun sun sun

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
And then you can port and polish your own cylinder heads!

I totally agree with Ari.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I need something little though ari. All our tools are stored inside the house cause no garage and the large area under the house isn't totally closed up and living a couple hundred metres from the beach means the salt gets into everything.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Bought a Dremel a few weeks back and its going great... not a real issue but I would suggest something with an on/off switch and a variable speed so you don't have to set the speed every time you turn it on... it becomes a pain if your using around half power and you have to try and set it every time

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I bought an ozito rotary tool from bunnings for around $40 which came with 80 odd attachments (thought it was a much better deal than the dremmel)

I have used both the dremmel and the ozito and not much quality difference between them, it has variable speed etc.

So far used it to cut some plastic bumper inserts, and polish a couple of throttle body's both of which it did with ease

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Die grinders FTW we have over 25 here. You can get 90, 130 and straight/long straight versions. As for space, a die grinder can be smaller than a Dremel...
If you want elec one buy a Dremmel, I have 2 at home and they're excellent. The Bunnings cheapos are poo..

Ben

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
My dremel is about 8 years old gets used a fair bit and is as good today as the day I bought it, highly recommended

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you don't have a compressed air supply.............

Dremel.

Buy the best, and cry once............