Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough idle on steep incline

ballbaggins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
When I park on a steep driveway and get in and start the car up it runs really rough till it levels out I'm thinking its starving the pick up in the sump of oil but the oil pressure warning light does not turn on. Has anyone else had a similar problem? It makes me cringe thinking about what the bearings and such are being put through seeing as it has relatively low k's for a 97 vt 130 000km.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
depending on the slope and angle of the car

the fuel height might not be covering the fuel pump eneough

nothing you can do about it just keep the fuel level up in the tank

does it happen when you park the car nose first or back in or both

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
How much fuel do you keep in the tank?
Road cars can be susceptible to steep inclines when it comes to fuel delivery, depending on the amount of fuel thats in the tank.
Unlike some some 4X4's which have a different set up, due to the extreme conditions they are built for.

I had a 1990 Nissan Patrol SWB, which you could almost have vertical and the engine would still run.

OzNath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Manual
Deffs fuel pickup as my 97 VT won't start if im on a left slant or on a hill without half a tank because my fuel pumps on the right and i replaced my fuel pump didn't fix the problem