Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough idle

Dánsvt10304

Nate10304
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT berlina
i bought a power chip the other day for my VT (+15BHP Power Mod/Chip Holden Commodore VT VX VY VR VP V | eBay)
on of those it has deff made a difference with a few things but its put my revs up in Park and neutral once its in a gear 1 2 3 D R its fine,dose anyone know if it is ment to do that?
a mate said i should disconnect the battery for 5 mins reconnect it start the car with nothing turned on and let it idle for 10 turn it off and it should be fixed...i tryed that and it hasnt fixed it :spew:

any ideas???

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Why are you using it anyway, what did it do, have you seen an improvement in your engines performance?

Dánsvt10304

Nate10304
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT berlina
it was 10 bucks so was like stuff it worth a crack see if it makes any sort of difference..performance whys it makes about as much as a K&N filter IMO it dosnt sit you back and go holy **** feel the power but its like meh

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Don't they trick the ecu into thinking the car is always cold or something? Its up to you but id think about getting rid of it. You can get reprogrammed memcals which give you similar gains without any of the dramas and they're only $150ish

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
Take it out ASAP. It will do more damage to your engine than you realise.

Did this not give the illegitimacy away:
"How does it work?
It will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition by up to 2 degrees with more fuelling to compensate, therefore producing more power with more torque at lower revs. In many cases fuel economy is increased too.

Kind of contradictory right?

Let's elaborate. Engine thinks the air is cold right, so adds more fuel to warm it up. More fuel = more combustion. More combustion = more heat. More heat = cooked engine, unless the cooling system is pristine.

Last edited: