Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rough Idle

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
clean the throttle body, taking greater care in the iac valve port, and check to make sure the charcoal canister purge hose is still connected, the can 'fall off'

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
cause you got bbq gas thats why

Thats what i thought, but it occurs with Petrol and LPG...

LPG is champ BTW.

Andy, i will have to look into cleaning my throttle body, really wanna get this sorted, it annoys the **** out of me when waiting at the lights.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
Sam, there's a hose that runs underneath the throttle body.. Mine was idling rather roughly today and the cause was said disconnected hose.. I'd say yours is probably disconnected too.. It sounded nucken-futs with the exhaust though... :p

-Nick.

JSCOLLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Change your plugs aswell. Mine was doing the same things. As soon as i changed the plugs eveything worked well again.

Not sure whether you are running gas, but if you are when they convert to gas the lower the point of the plug making it a .5 gap, should be a .15 gap for commodores. Just check that.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
you call my car crap in a PM, yet yours is a stock VY on gas that doesnt even run well? no wait, didnt you say you had a VE in another thread? make up your mind on what lies youre gonna spread. tough little 18 year old kid on school holidays i see. good for you

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
744driver. he likes to abuse people in PMs after hes done posting crap in other threads. sorry i shouldve pointed that out earlier