Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rude and ignorant elderly people

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Zui

It worries me that I might end up like these old shits, but I'm at that stage where I can still bite like a young person and think clearly. I know they don't always mean to be so bloody ornery, but it never hurts to remind them that sometimes, they are wrong.

One final fling. I was in a queue at a Chemist waiting to have a script picked up. The Feds had just increased the fee for pensioners from $3.50 to $4.50 per script.

Old duck in front gets handed her script and told the fee is now one dollar more. Well, didn't she carry on like an old tart (for about fifteen seconds), then I reminded her that she might like to pay over $30 per script like the rest of us, and if she was finished, would she please move out of the way so the rest of us could be served?

She scuttled out of the shop like a ruptured duck. I felt better. I know I shouldn't have.

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
Ahh but everybody is different. Not saying it is any better, but I would much rather have a bit of a laugh about it than fire off a tirade. I'll usually try to catch people off guard and get a laugh or a smile or something - got into enough bloody trouble when I was younger, don't need any of that anymore..

Too much stress is never a good thing, just cruising through suits me fine.

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
Quite funny actually, i was at Daws Road Recycling Depot, if thats where you trade your cans in for cash yesterday, i reckon i might even know the people that your on about(think i might've seen them when i was there). Was it around 3pm-ish?

I only work there every second weekend because i'm a full time salesman. It happens all the time, most of the people there just keep their mouths shut (well the younger blokes anyway). I've just had it with the ignorant elitist old ****s. I've honestly told at least 10 of them to **** off. In those words.

An old bloke decided to bitch and moan because he was told to move his car forward. He went on about being old and having a bad back etc (mind you, you are supposed to stay in your car for health and safety reasons), when the employee asked him if he needed someone to move his car for him, the old guy arced up. Employee doesn't take **** from cranky old idiots and tells him where to go, the old guy calls him a **** then has the nerve to walk into the office and literally cry to the managers about said employee. I heard the exchange in the yard and what happened in the office, the old man was acting innocent and pulling the pathetic "i'm an honest old person" act. He also denied calling said employee a ****, threatened to call the police etc.

Some old people are very nice, but the majority that ive dealt with through 3 different jobs have been utter ****ing arseholes.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I used to work at a bottle yard aswell. Re your earlier comment of old people 'counting' their bottles before hand, besides a few regulars, every single old person who counted their bottles was bullshitting (we usually still counted them anyway, for said reasons :)) to make themselves more money.

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
Yeah, i counted them all. I enjoyed the conflict with the old idiots.

It went like this
Me: "Thats $24.30, count your bottles properly next time because this is the second time i've seen you do it and if it happens again you will have to go somewhere else.

Old Man: "No! You counted wrong! You just want to cheat me because i'm old."

Me: "Think what you want, I'll go and get your money."

Old man: "Grumbles".. I don't listen, walk inside and get money, then go to give money to said old man.

Me: I hand the money over, don't say anything because they are being a pain in the arse.

Old Man: Makes some sort of ****ing idiotic respect your elders remark, or how the youth of today are disrespectful little shits.

Me: "**** off, find somewhere else to take your **** and stop being such a dishonest old ****."

I have said things like that on many occasions and not got warned for it or anything. Recycling depots are raw places with raw people/managers.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
anyone thats driven around the clare valley knows of these all to well,

and not are they just rude arrogant one sided pr**ks they're stupid aswell

for instance i drive to work in clare from riverton leaving home at 6.45 getting to work around 7.30 and every day i see the same thing,

oh look its raining! itll be safe to sit on 60 with no lights on in near darkness in a 100zone, or its that foggy i cant see my bonnet, ill just sit on 60 then ill be safe!

sure fairenough besides everyone else doing 80-100 behind you when they cant see you till its nearly to late!
iv seen a few people pull into the servo and iv mentioned it to then when im getting my mornin icecoffee and because im on my p's i dont know anything and obviously hoon and i only have my lights on because im young and dumb!

i cant stand to drive around there any longer than i have to because i get so fired up,

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Also surprised at the lack of headlights or parkers used in **** weather. Was at the lights the other day, just before a downpoor started, after i couldn't even see a car across the other side of the lights, yet she still didn't put her lights on. ind you, this isn't limited to old people, which the thread is about :)