Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

running 100% octane fuel in there alloytec??

pau13z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6L
V Racing was dropped 2 years ago due to poor sales. Stick with V Power.

Oh really? Haha that's how long it's been since I used it lol. I use any 98 really. There was a thing on the news a few years ago saying that from the tests they did, Caltex actually had the best 98 available, so generally I use that, even though I've always preferred Shell or BP.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Fuel resellers MUST advise on the pumps if the fuel they are selling has ANY Ethanol in it. It is a legal requirement.

mainpath

Reaction score
Website
www.applecollector.com
Members Ride
04 VZ Exec, HX Kingswood, VB Comm
I beg to differ drewVHSS

I use the 100 octane fuel on the WL caprice I have and I get about 150KM extra from filling u there and huge improvement in the HX Kingswood I have if I fill up (202 RED).
I'm not imaging **** either, the united @ Wyee & other places here on the coast have appalling 100 octane fuel blends and should be avoided at all cost.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Fuel resellers MUST advise on the pumps if the fuel they are selling has ANY Ethanol in it. It is a legal requirement.

I'm not 100% sure about that, it may come down to the % of ethanol in the fuel, for example, did you know that the diesel you buy in Victoria from Shell is 5% bio diesel? They do not have to declare the bio diesel component unless it is above 10%

I beg to differ drewVHSS

I use the 100 octane fuel on the WL caprice I have and I get about 150KM extra from filling u there and huge improvement in the HX Kingswood I have if I fill up (202 RED).
I'm not imaging **** either, the united @ Wyee & other places here on the coast have appalling 100 octane fuel blends and should be avoided at all cost.

Im confused, you say in the top sentence that you use 100RON fuel, then in the second sentence say its ****? Or did I read wrong?