Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running Rich Y?

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Hi guys and girls, my VY V6 is running rich :bang: i dont know why and i was wondering if any one could shed some light on why it is ?Its got Pacemaker Extractors and rear resonator is off, Cold air intake setup stainless steel piping. Could my o2 sensors need replacing ?
Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
How do you know it is running rich?

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Its wasting alot of fuel also it smells rich outside the car im roughly getting about 300-350 out of a full tank......

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you still have the cats intact?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have you had a diagnostics done?

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
clean your MAF sensor with contact cleaner, and if u have an oil filter (k and N) clean and LIGHTLY re-oil

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
havnt had a diagnostics done would i need the dealer to do the tech 2, taztassio i might clean my MAF sensor but it looked clean when i had last seen it how ever the K&N filter is new...

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
The oil from the filter coats the MAF wires and throws out the readings. The ecu chucks in extra fuel to keep her safe when this happens and you lose power too. Might be the case with yours. O2 sensors will also give the same effect but the MAF clean is a much cheaper option to try first.

Is the MAF plug making a good contact?

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
The oil from the filter coats the MAF wires and throws out the readings. The ecu chucks in extra fuel to keep her safe when this happens and you lose power too. Might be the case with yours. O2 sensors will also give the same effect but the MAF clean is a much cheaper option to try first.

Is the MAF plug making a good contact?

hmmm i did realize that it wasnt responsive the way it was ,the MAF plug is making good contact, i cleaned the MAF and the throttlebody how ever it looked clean i also disconnected the battery for bout 2 hours to reset the ecu, ill see how i go with it for the time being.

Thanks guys