Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running Rich..?

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Purple with blue pearl through it mate. Ill get some better pics up with time haha

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Updated my op. Still need help!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
so if the smell is inside the car I would suggest it is in the engine bay, so you need to check all the fuel lines and follow your nose, the smell will get stronger the closer you get to the source.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Check too see if its running 3ta or 3tm ecu. My bets that he has ripped the turbo off and put n/a headers on it. What colour are the inectors? They will either be brown or a tan colour

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Check too see if its running 3ta or 3tm ecu. My bets that he has ripped the turbo off and put n/a headers on it. What colour are the inectors? They will either be brown or a tan colour

Ill check the headers tonight after work, but im fairly certain he did an engine swap and put the NA engine in rather than just removing the turbo. I suppose he could have left the old ECU, i mean he did not bother putting the heater or air con back in at all haha

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Had a sniff around the engine and it just smells too strong to know where its from... Im fairly certain its coming from somewhere towards the back of the engine. I gotta figure it out im getting headspins!!

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
UPDATE 2 - ERROR CODES!
These are displayed (along with the others that are meant to be)
11 Crank angle sensor circuit
12 Air flow meter circuit
21 ignition signal circuit

ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS???

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
set ur afm back to factory so u dont get a lean out... have u fixed your leaking injectors?...

these codes "could" be old codes stored so clear them and run a diagnostic again..
go over all your plugs/sensors and give them a shot with INOX/Contact cleaner/WD40 etc even pull back the rubber boots and check for corrosion on the crimped spade connectors... then process of elimination man

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
all of your injector hoses and clamps have been replaced go over them with a flat head screwdriver and tighten them up that will probably solve your fuel smell.
people usually replace them when they replace INJECTORS.

edit; your cooling system bleeder bolt has corroded and snaped off, so whats in the hole?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
air flow meter almost always cause rich lean running as they tell ecu how much air there is and then ecu put in x amount of fuel so if AFM reads more air than there is then ecu will put in more fuel than needed.

Get that leaky injector fixed too looks like the hose from rail to injector is leaking