Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

running rough

commodoreboy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys finding the car is running rough atm car was just serviced 45,000 had all pistons and cylinders cleaned all up cost me $900
im finding the car is stuggeling to pick up speed and is running rough any ideas?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
I doubt very much u had the pistons and cylinders cleaned, u might of had an injection clean or an additive used in the fuel tank or put on the fuel rail, but anyways, they changed spark plugs?? My guess would be there or the inlet manifold gasket not sitting properly or a vaccum line on the intake manifold

Rxd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
How rough is it running?

My ute felt like it was running rough, but it's been better since I stopped using E10 fuel and ran some injector cleaner through it.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
How does one clean pistons? Unless the head comes off? And "cleaning" them wouldn't be necessary unless it had alot of k`s on it..

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
In regards to having the pistons cleaned, I would assume all they did was run a manifold carbon cleaner through the motor.

But if you noticed it running rough after Holden worked on it, take it back, tell them what's happening and they'll have to fix it.

commodoreboy12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Its been pretty rough like even after you stall takes longer to start and is it normal to shake quite hard when you switch the car off when I turn it off it shakes and is kinda loud ! I've ways put standard unleaded in the car as for the injectors cleaned I think they just ran the stuff down the car it's running rough but I'm kind of embarrassed to take it back to Holden because they will just laugh at me

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Dude they wont laugh at you and even if they did are you really going to put up with that? It your car that you have spent your hard earn cash on and $900 buck for a 45k service sorry is just a joke for a 6 I wouldnt and didnt pay that for mine about $400 I think so if YOUR not happy with the way your car is running take it back and demand a explanation! After all the customer is always right trust me for someone who works in the industry the person who is anal and always complains get treated like a king yes they may say thing behind your back but really for the extra care they take in your car coz they dont want the headaches who really cares what they say.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Sounds like they may have done an on car injector clean running solvents through.
May have dislodged some gunk that's still blocking injector.

Or they've dislodged / forgot to refit a vacuum hose.

Take it back.