Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Runs on Gas and wont run on Petrol

Frabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 Exective wagon
Hi
can anyone give any advise on the problem I have with my VX series 2 exec wagon. It was in a major smash and had the front replaced, this included new motor,engine loom, body loom,abs module, clockspring,airbag module & steering colum. Now it will run fin on gas but wont run on petrol if you turn the key fast it cranks otherwize it wont, it starts and runs on gas well, yet on petrol it will start and run for 11 seconds and then shuts down. While running on gas as you drive the roof light comes on and off and the doors unlock and try to lock again with no pattern to the problem. I have replaced the computers with a matching set out of another car and had the same problem except with the other computers when I plugged in the BCM the alarm horn started to blow. I have tried disconnecting the gas but this makes no difference.
I'm going crazy i've run out of ideas and thought maybe someone else has had a similar problem.
thanks for any help

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
Had the same sort of problem on my VY on gas.

After I replaced/upgraded BCM (for the elec windows), I had it " linked " at a dealer, so they said but the car would only run on gas.
I took the car to another dealer and they discovered that the " linking " had not been done properly. When it was " linked " correctly (using a Tech2), it ran fine on petrol.

Looks like a lot of changes have been made to the electronic systems in your car. Each module is coded and they all need to talk to each other (or to the BCM).
The various modules need to be " linked " to the BCM. Maybe mention your problem to the senior tech at a dealer (or Dr. Bob on this forum.....).

Last edited: