Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ruptured Transmission Lines

SabreOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm SV6 Ute
Had my 2015 Ute in for 60k service yesterday, and was advised by the Mechanic (not Holden) they have identified a Transmission leak where the Coolant pipes exit the Radiator.

It appears the pipes have been chaffing together and have worn through. They gave me a number of photos showing fluid all over the Coolant pipes. Its a very small leak they are taking it to Holden for me this week, to claim under warranty.

Is this something anyone else has had happen?

Cheers
SabreOne

SabreOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm SV6 Ute
Update, Inspection yesterday by my Mechanic, after it was degreased and cleaned last week by them, more fluid has leaked over the Coolant Pipes. More photo's taken indicating either a leak or weeping, regardless why, fluid is escaping.

After Holden decided they couldn't look at it until mid afternoon, after it being booked in for 8.00am, they have inspected and deduced that the "Slight Sweating from RHS of the Timing Cover, washed down and retensioned bolts, reinspect in three weeks".

So the fun has begun...........

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Update, Inspection yesterday by my Mechanic, after it was degreased and cleaned last week by them, more fluid has leaked over the Coolant Pipes. More photo's taken indicating either a leak or weeping, regardless why, fluid is escaping.

After Holden decided they couldn't look at it until mid afternoon, after it being booked in for 8.00am, they have inspected and deduced that the "Slight Sweating from RHS of the Timing Cover, washed down and retensioned bolts, reinspect in three weeks".

So the fun has begun...........
Any pics?

SabreOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm SV6 Ute
Have printed photos of before and after, at work.

Will scan and try to load tomorrow.

SabreOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm SV6 Ute
1st Image showing Transmission Cooler Lines covered in ???? Was degreased and washed down on 30/04/17.

2nd iamge showing same, 3 days later on 03/05/17 after 300 klms.

Attachments

• img001.pdf
    476.7 KB · Views: 232
  • img002.pdf
    529.5 KB · Views: 229