Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ryan's VU V6

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Hav'nt done to much I've got 70mm tb on it now, twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust and just wanting on the headers now so then i'll put it on the dyno for a power run see how she goes.

How much for the 1.95's

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Hey ryan, have you done a 0-100 test of ya car since you got the extractors and Ratio Rockers ??

Cause im looking at getting extractors, CAI and ratio rockers just wondering the difference, with the mods

nah havent done a 0-100 yet...gotta get hold of a gtech from someone?? mite time it sumtime and c wat i get tho would think it would be round 7ish...guna chuck her on the dyno sumtime soon tho and c wat sorta power outerage we get :p i think with those mods ud prolly be looking at about 1 sec quiker than standard ive been looking at a cai to but just cant justify the cost to gain ratio...apparently u dont really notice the diff from a cai on the dyno but more on the road so better acceleration...but yeh for the $400 outlay for an ss inductions one i cant see the justification...i think the yt one @ $130 is alot more reasonably priced for the same or better performance

nice ute there :)

cheers mate :thumbsup:

Hav'nt done to much I've got 70mm tb on it now, twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust and just wanting on the headers now so then i'll put it on the dyno for a power run see how she goes.

How much for the 1.95's

ah ok hows the 70mm tb? feel much difference?

rockers were $600 direct from yella terra if u talk to some of the guys in the yt section of the fourm they'll be able to sort ya out...either tappet head or micky d...:thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

Last edited:

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
70mm mace tb has betta pick up in 1st,2nd and 3rd. Havn't takin it outta town to
give it a good flog yet but worth the $180 bro

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey mate did you get quoted $400 for the SS induction kit, installed or is that jsut supplieed cause i got quoted $580 for one for my VY, also where u get the quote from ??

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Hey mate did you get quoted $400 for the SS induction kit, installed or is that jsut supplieed cause i got quoted $580 for one for my VY, also where u get the quote from ??

well i didnt really get quoted $400 was just an approximate retail price that i have seen on a few...but yeh havent really even considered it at that price coz its just way to much ay...well for a bit a plastic that is...mate i would look at the yella terra one over the ss inductions one hey for the price difference i think it would be a lot better bang for your buck :thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeah tru, though still i prefer the look of the SS induction kit one

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Yeah tru, though still i prefer the look of the SS induction kit one

i will giv the ss indcutions kit that it does look the part...hmm well covenrtys do em but they are expensive unless u have trade account...mate i rekon ull be able to get one through sumwhere for around $400 in perth if u find sum dealers for them go to em and say u work for supercheap or sumthing and c wat sorta prices they can do on em...ill keep my eyes open for ya :thumbsup:..coz $580 would have to be the most expensive ive seen so far hey...and as far as instaling them i dont think they are too hard ay i could giv u a hand to fit it if u want mate :thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
i will giv the ss indcutions kit that it does look the part...hmm well covenrtys do em but they are expensive unless u have trade account...mate i rekon ull be able to get one through sumwhere for around $400 in perth if u find sum dealers for them go to em and say u work for supercheap or sumthing and c wat sorta prices they can do on em...ill keep my eyes open for ya :thumbsup:..coz $580 would have to be the most expensive ive seen so far hey...and as far as instaling them i dont think they are too hard ay i could giv u a hand to fit it if u want mate :thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

OK thanks mate i mite take ya up on that, im getting one from not another abba fan for like $350, so if ya want on PM him and when i pick mine up ill get your aswell if you want one etc, though want be getting it for another 2-4 weeks

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
hey ryan, thought i'd better return the compliment. ute looksd nice, shame you can't bring it over when you come to vic cause we could have a run against each other

your :rice: 6 against my 8, lol just stirring mate. god those first pics look bad thats the highest stock vu i've ever seen, fullstop. did it have a lift kit for off road driving or something? lol

well mate keep up the working and saving and hopefully you get that dream maloo ute sometime soon

cheers
Matt