Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S.A Lowering specs for a VP commodore 6&8

psychotic46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore
I have rang Regency Vehical inspection centre, and to lower a VP commodore legaly the specs are 320mm at the front, measured from the middle of the rim centre, to the top of the wheel arch.
And 270mm at the rear, measured from the middle of the rim centre to the top of the wheel arch.
In addition no part of the vehical body including the body kit can sit lower than 100mm from the floor, there must be a 10cm groung clearance!

I DO HAVE A QUESTION!
Is this equivelent to LOW, SUPER LOW, ULTRA LOW, or some kinda LOW ive never heard of? :)

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
I believe.. Don't hold me accountable but I think
Ultra lows - illegal
Super lows are legal but cops will do you for them because they are just borderline and
Lows should be legal

psychotic46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore
I think u are right'o Mate, but i measured the distance myself, it as tho i have a lift kit lol because my A** end would drop like 7cm and my front almost the same, around 5cm, now most people say the drop is 250mm, its a pickle for me but i think SL would be ok with the rubbers up top, have u seen them they raise the car like a cm.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I think u are right'o Mate, but i measured the distance myself, it as tho i have a lift kit lol because my A** end would drop like 7cm and my front almost the same, around 5cm, now most people say the drop is 250mm, its a pickle for me but i think SL would be ok with the rubbers up top, have u seen them they raise the car like a cm.

my king SSSL sat 280mm in the bum IRS

P.S. 230mm is the legal hight for a Calais

Last edited:

psychotic46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP commodore
it shouldn't matter, SL springs should have the same ride height wether IRS or live

Then my specs stand, the drop hight is 270 & 320 in South Australia HOORAY lol
So any one no the drops of the usuals L SL SSL and UL's

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I can tell you king SSSL's dropped my Calais to 200mm and SL sat it at 245mm in the bum, I think SL fronts make it 345mm but unsure

so that SSSL 280mm and SL 325 I believe

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
my bro in law passed a vicroads inspection on his dumped to the weeds vs ss by pumping the tyres up to 50psi still makes me lol everytime I think about it.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I have rang Regency Vehical inspection centre, and to lower a VP commodore legaly the specs are 320mm at the front, measured from the middle of the rim centre, to the top of the wheel arch.
And 270mm at the rear, measured from the middle of the rim centre to the top of the wheel arch.
In addition no part of the vehical body including the body kit can sit lower than 100mm from the floor, there must be a 10cm groung clearance!

I DO HAVE A QUESTION!
Is this equivelent to LOW, SUPER LOW, ULTRA LOW, or some kinda LOW ive never heard of? :)

take the measurements to a decent suspension shop and they should be able to reset a set of springs to match that height.