Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S/C or turbo?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
your car isn't green by any chance is it? interesting what you say about the supercharged v6 only managing a mid 11.....if you could stall it up onto boost, then the only problem you would have is hooking it up, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem....

dwilz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8 c4
EcotecManiac said:
your car isn't green by any chance is it? interesting what you say about the supercharged v6 only managing a mid 11.....if you could stall it up onto boost, then the only problem you would have is hooking it up, but that shouldnt be too much of a problem....

Its colour is botanic mica it ran a 1.46 60' today [email protected]

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah, i think i am familiar with your car now.....it's a nice car and a credit to you.....it has achieved a fair bit already

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
greenfoam said:
I love the sound of the ecotech at high rpm, sounds really throaty like a modern sporty V6 for some reason, heaps better than the original Buick
i made an awesome mod to my vn air intake and now it roars at high rpm and past about 2/3 throttle
sounds mad!

anyway i took the bottom half of the airbox out and cut off most of the front and back sides, just leaving the base, the upright corners and the rim around the top

bolted it back in and bingo! free power:

burns rubber even easier in first gear cuz engine spins up faster
roars nicely under load
revs quicker in neutral
downshifts are WAY smoother - 100km/hr shift from 3rd to 2nd - can barely feel it, engine revs up smoothly and quickly. there's no jerk at all like you get normally with a big downshift

dyno testing has shown decent power increases in a mate's VQ caprice (stock 5L except full exhaust system and same airbox mod as mine)

hope that was helpful to someone..
cheers
sam

D

De Racer

Get supercharger, nice power, good fuel economy, sweet whistle under full load and no need for cool down times for turbines, no need for oil lines and and