Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S2 Intake Manifold S1 Engine

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
But any1 with a s1 should upgrade to the S2 heads/manifold looks nicer less hoses more defined manifold and its easy to change the thermostat.

Your also forgetting heapssssss easier to change spark plugs on the drivers side, s1 are a bitch.....

s2, is heapssssss easier in comparison...

These guys have an excellent point. S2 top end makes life SO much easier!

VnDriver72

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore S1 S/Wagon
So has anyone actually done it and how did you do it as am needing more info to do so the car works and doesn't blow up in my face or my missus's face so to speak.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Tonnes of people have done it, I am not one of them so cannot comment on what's required. It is easily doable if you have access to a s2 motor for parts, I'm sure everything will become obvious when you look at the two side by side.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
So, is there a pictorial guide on this site, - Nice clear images, (not blurry, dark or camera phone)?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
also another thing people will need is the part that goes into the water pump from the S2 this is one pipe the S1 has 2-3? outlets so it wont work, but i did this on a mates car got the hacksaw out and cut the pipe before the bend and flared the end abit works a treat if you cant get your hands on one.

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
done this and was piss easy - cheap as the cost of a gasket set...... v6 parts are thrown away everyday

lol only did it cos i could only find cheap s1 engines and my vg is a s2...

must be nicer to it in the future... im getting sick of taking that manifold off