Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] new high performance law. and tint

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
The most retarded thing is if I were under these laws I couldn't have my Stato which is 168kw factory.

The new Commo SIDI's as everyone knows are 210kw, and a P plater can legally drive one.

That's where I have a problem with it.

Yeh bout your forgetting that the sidi ve weighs almost 2 tons... They have around 150-160rwkw standard... that 150-160rwkw has to move almost 2 tons... There not "fast".

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
If anything the brakes etc are better on a v8 than a 6.
But I'm not a p-plater, so meh.

actually theyre the same for most models, not including those that buy upgraded brakes from HSV

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
It's got nothing to do with road respect or experience really.

You just need respect for your car and the power it puts out, you need to be able to handle it, and if worse comes to worse, try to manage not to crash if you get the thing out of line.

You've just contradicted yourself. That's what experience is. :hmmm:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Come to Vic where there are calls to ban V6 cars as well....

And all cops are ar**holes

:boohoo: If you're not doing anything wrong they shouldn't be an issue.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
:boohoo: If you're not doing anything wrong they shouldn't be an issue.

+1, sick of people who are like :blah blah: cops are assholes, :blah blah: fkn pigs etc. If you drive normally and not like a wanker, you won't have an issue with them, sure they might pull you over for random breath tests or occasionally check your car, but that's their job, deal with it.

B

BXHD

I think that there should be tests to let any age drive high powered vehicles. Its not just the younger drivers that kill people. Yes majority, but still, the rest shouldn't get away with it because they're just old and considered 'excperianced'
The laws are great, if u have the power u WILL use it at one point, and let's face it, a lot of young males think they are invincible ;) they should let p plater girls drive V8s.. Hahahahaha.

*prepares for attack*

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
I think that there should be tests to let any age drive high powered vehicles. Its not just the younger drivers that kill people. Yes majority, but still, the rest shouldn't get away with it because they're just old and considered 'excperianced'
The laws are great, if u have the power u WILL use it at one point, and let's face it, a lot of young males think they are invincible ;) they should let p plater girls drive V8s.. Hahahahaha.

*prepares for attack*

Oh no she didn't!! :p

But imagine if they did bring this 'test' out so that you can drive a high powered car, pretty sure every p plater would apply for this test and keep applying till they pass :)

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
ok sick of all the people whining about people whining about people whining about the laws.

Fact - the idea itself is good,
Fact - in all the states its been implimented its been done poorly, hoons still hoon in crap cars and kill themselves, many cars are banned with illegitimate reasons, safer cars are banned, and kids are getting behind the wheels of worse cars just because they are unrestricted. Knew someone in syd who was banned from driving his dads falcon, only other car he could get was a daewoo lanos. Nearly died in a small collision involving someone else hitting him, if he was in the falcon he wouldnt be in a wheelchair right now.

Fact - these departments come up with things like this to make it look like they are doing their jobs... if this was legitimate, there would be very good, solid research behind it, not just citing today tonight reports and studies that just bash the youth with data that has been proven incorrect.

Yes young drivers are inexperienced. Thats like when i got my job at optus.... they dazzle you by saying things like did you know there are more mobile phones in australia then people?

its just a dazzle fact of stating the obvious.... and hoping you make insintuations off it.

Im all for getting dumb kids out of wrx's and lancers... this isnt the way to do it.. why...

When i was over in syd.... they still had them..... they all went and got exemptions with bs excuses or just drove them anyway, unregistered etc, creating a worse situation.

All of this has not been thought through very well at all, in the end its the end users fault, the person who screws up who kills someone.... prevention is good... but it needs to be done properly.

Fact - the police arent always friendly, im not on the bashing police bandwagon, a few of my mates are cops and they ARE arrogant tools who love defecting people with their favourite thing to do is book or defect soemone just by making something up. This isnt all cops... but there are a lot of cops out there like this, I keep being reminded by them what they could do me for... my cars legal.

They did a guy in on his brand new factory VE for it being too low... they couldnt prove it but being cops they still regency'd the guy and made him pay his money to go and get it cleared and had a laugh about it.

I had a cop interstate stop me me after I got ran off the road by a truck and help me repair my car instead of defecting or fining me. Theres good and theirs bad. Interstate I have already witnessed police exploiting these laws.

Watched a female cop defect a guys car for him being a p plater, him asking how the car was illegal for him to drive, she kept citing it was a performance car.... after arguing with her for 5 minutes she says its a v8
he points at his engine and asks where hte other 2 cylanders are.

Im not looking forward to how this is going to be implimented.. I've been told by some the new laws arent going to apply to me but my cars modified.... its not gonna be like i can prove to a cop it was modified before the date, so im looking at getting trouble from them already if i do get exempt from the car resrictions, im still going to get hitup constantly for my catback, extractors & LPG mods (which had to be done to it and cant be reversed or I lose lpg, something to do with a lock fail, which had to be fixed up with a performance mod of some description).

I cant see any good of this... that crash that happened at mount pleasant in a non perfromance car.... after these laws are introduced.... we're still going to be seeing it

B

BXHD

Hehehe.
Yeah but make rules that u can only do it once how ever often and u have to do a special driver course. Our roads would be so much safer. Well maybe more so if they left the strict rules for younger drivers now, but also hassled the oldies :p