Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sacrilege, or what ?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have a set of VY Calais alloys on my blue Crewman. These have a 110mm ‘hubcap’ with a 60mm centre hole, and a replacement hubcap is now impossible to source, which is probably why somebody now has one of mine.
After much searching for Holden centre caps to fit the centre hole, (no luck) I eventually got a set of centre caps with the matching blue “Ford” emblem on them, that fit like they were made for it.
Will I experience any potential cultural problems with using Ford caps with a Holden wheel, or is all such activity forgiven in these days of grieving for Aussie cars..

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Nah you can't do that mate! Haha you have to paint over that emblem. If it's pressed in you gotta fill it or grind them down till it's gone. Then I'll forgive you :p

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Oh dear. Thanks for your thoughts. So, racial tolerance and sexual equality have not triumphed in this area yet.
So, I can either …
a. drive with a paper bag over my head to conceal my identity,shame and embarrassment,
b. cover the Ford badge with a stick-on Holden or HSV lion,
c. leave it as is, and confuse any potential envious thief as to the real identity of the wheels.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
If you put those on it will probably break down!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Back many years ago I had a VS Berlina and like most VN-VS it had a Ford logo stamped on the inside of the interior light cover. I ground off the Ford symbol as I couldn't stand the thought of it being there. :D

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Have you got VY1 or VY2 Calais wheels?

Series 1
http://www.speedspares.net/92085476_p/92085476.htm
92085476.jpg

Series 2
http://www.speedspares.net/92121273_p/92121273.htm

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
time for new wheels!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have you got VY1 or VY2 Calais wheels?
Series 2
http://www.speedspares.net/92121273_p/92121273.htm

Many thanks for this. I looked everywhere that I knew of, and I will contact them today and get one.
Then put the 4 of them away so that when the selling time comes around, all will be good.
These little problems make me apprehensive about Holden parts supply for the future. I can't envisage the smaller suppliers staying in business if they can't make new stock, and then also supply NOS as required. I know of a couple of manufacturers who supplied Ford, Holden, Toyota (and Mitsi), who are going to just shut up shop rather than move to Thailand.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Many thanks for this. I looked everywhere that I knew of, and I will contact them today and get one.
Then put the 4 of them away so that when the selling time comes around, all will be good.
These little problems make me apprehensive about Holden parts supply for the future. I can't envisage the smaller suppliers staying in business if they can't make new stock, and then also supply NOS as required. I know of a couple of manufacturers who supplied Ford, Holden, Toyota (and Mitsi), who are going to just shut up shop rather than move to Thailand.
No worries, glad I could help.