Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saggy roof liner

sydsider66

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
Gday again fellas.Anyone got an idea of what sort of adhesive i can stick my roof lining back on with? Seen heaps of VR/VS sedans and wagons with hanging roof liners.Another repair. Thanks again.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP

pillarless

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
looks pretty

i have same problem, there is only 1 solution and that is to take it out, clean lining board of all rubbish, and redo it. other than that, i found thumb tacks work a treat, look ok, and cost about $4.00 all up.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Pull it out ,clean the board ,get some material from spotlight with a medium stretch( track suit type material works the best) not light,thin or the original crap,use spray adhesive plenty of it for the main part spray on both material and board and a thick and tacky glue( in a tube) for the edges ,do it all in the sun so everything is warm
We have done two of hoodlings like this and they are nicer and plusher than the originals if I new how to post I would show you the finished product

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
the cost on average was about $15- $20

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
i hope these photos work out

Last edited:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
One more thing its nearly impossible to stick the original material and glue will soak through leaving stains and it will always evently sag again, especially when its cold or raining

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
My house mate put 57 staples in his roof lining to get it off defect and its stayed like that for 2 months now:thumbsup: