Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saginaw block yella terra heads and rockers wtf?

4Runner conversion

Reaction score
Members Ride
4runner
So I've just bought a cheapy engine for three hundred bucks, had a laugh at the canary yellow engine block but thought who cares no one will see and the genie extractors take the focus anyhow...then spotted a cracked rocker cover and to my surprise a spacer on the head and yella terra stamped on everything and these super shiny components. Then I see the saginaw signature on the block, remembering some sag gearboxes from the seventies does anybody know of this? And can someone recommend a place in brisbane to make a power steering hose because these bloody heads are so high the rocker cover is in the way!! Can't wait to drive this one.

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
i hope it runs(take sump off and check for a bent crank) if its stuffed just canabalise it for them yummy parts (oh and check heads for cracking aswell as the pushrods for bends) only reason for testing is is cost ya f-all and came from a good car

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
saginaw sig on the block is standard on most holden engines. well on the v6 blocks anyway

vaxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S1 Sedan, VR Ute
saginaw sig on the block is standard on most holden engines. well on the v6 blocks anyway

Hmm, been trying to find info about the Saginaw grey cast iron block. nothing about here or in the states.. Had about 40 v6's come thru my hands, only seen it on one