Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Same O2 sensors through models???

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
Does anyone know if the 2 wire O2 sensors for standard V6 VY are the same as the VN VP VR VS VT VX 2 wire sensors??? ie these: GENUINE HOLDEN OXYGEN SENSOR VN VP VR VS VT VX - 2 WIRE - eBay, Air Intake, Fuel Delivery, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Dec-09 13:37:19 AEDST)

Have had a look through a Bosh catalogue and they seem to have the same sensor through the models and was wondering if the gen ones were similar.

Got a price from Holden for 1 sensor today $345.24!!!!!!!!:spew:
and our repco over here haven't got a clue, the guy I got on the phone didn't even know what an oxygen/O2 sensor was!! Will have to ring back later to see if I get someone else:mad:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it will depend on the plug on the sensor my trident cataloque says same for VP-VX if they are 2 wire doesnt have a listing for vy .the price holden quoted sounds like the price for the 5 wire wideband sensors the later ones run

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
That's the price for a 2 wire sensor PN#25313035 from Holden the guy specifically asked if it was 2 or 4 wire, going to ring another dealer I think to see what their price is.

Apparently some of the VY's came out with the 2 wire sensors, mine has 2 wire sensors!!

edit>>>
Just rang another dealer for sensor to fit $346.50 2 wire PN#25313035!! ripoffs

Can a 4 wire be wired to suit, plug seems to be in a prick of a place to access?

Last edited:

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
oh ok didnt know that,my mate got a 2 wire for his VN the other day from Auto-Pro for $68.00.
diference between the older commodore 2 wire and newer vy 2 wire mite be the plug?

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
Awesome good spotting, have contacted guy and sorting out getting them with any luck they should be good and fit!!:beer chug:

Started to have a bit of fuel consumption issues, has suddenly jumped in the last few weeks, I'm picking that the O2 sensors haven't been changed so far, 272000kms and still going strong!! (ex company car) or if they have been changed it's probably well past the every 50000km recommended.

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
would definitly notice a diference when you change them :)
will idle more smoothly too...
cheers.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
When I had to change the sensor in my VN one Holden dealer quoted me $100 and I got a AC Delco one from another dealer for $50. Be careful of non genuine ones as they don't usually come with the plug so you would need to cut off your old plug and re use it. The VY's may have changed O2 sensors when the exhausts changed to 2 cats? 4 wire means that they have internal heaters in them. Also when they changed to having 2 cats the sensors from memory were closer to the manifolds so the wire leads may be a differnet length depending on when the car was built.