Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's 304 VN BT1

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
So I'm in Sydney for a while and I needed a car here to get by until my LS1 one can be brought over from Perth next year...

I was going to buy a real cheap VN V6 and just fix it up and drive it around but then I just thought "bugger it i want another 5L" :) so I looked around online and found a 304 VN just around the corner. Automatic, but it was close by and looked OK in the photos so I figured I'd be dumb not to at least go and have a look.

Anyway turned out that was a top idea, because I've owned it for a bit over two months now and I'm pretty happy with it.

When I bought it, it already had the exhaust done - HSV 185i package short 4-1 headers, and a single 2.5" cat-back that has a mean burble to it, although I would change this in a perfect world to a true dual 2.5", twin cats, with some nice long tri-Ys just for the sound and probably dump before the diff just like my old VR 304 :). It also already had the tint done (dark!) and the bucket seats in it which I do like.

Also it was already lowered with the 16" SV89 wheels on it, which I LOVE and will not change! I think it gives it a very era-muscle look, you might disagree but it's exactly how I like it. Tough.

Oh, and it only had 140,000km !! on it according to the clock which is potentially extremely wrong, but the overall condition of the car does seem to agree with it.

Enough words, here you go :)

PC120472.jpg

PC120471.jpg

PC120467.jpg

PC120466.jpg

PC120464.jpg

PC120460.jpg

a couple of newer pics (Jul12):

SAM_2683.jpg

SAM_2682.jpg

SAM_2681.jpg

SAM_2680.jpg

OF COURSE I couldn't leave it alone. As much as my intention was to buy it and drive it and not fall in love, I can't help myself.

• Stereo done: decent head unit, AD6 splits for the front with VS door pods, RE audio 4channel amplifier and a 15" FLI sub (until my 15" memphis arrives) (thanks to Joe from shoppingsecure.com)
  • Air intake: flexi pipe run straight down from bottom of lower airbox to the front bar, using some fiddly but good top secret hints from greenfoam that my life probably depends on me keeping to myself :p
  • Fuel tank: sprayed up silver to show it off, mandatory for long range tanks in my opinion (others will disagree), breather lines redone
  • Slotted front brakes
  • A very large transmission cooler plumbed in-line after the factory one
  • L3 instrument cluster (thanks to 88greenVN on justcommodores forums)
  • Greenfoam tune

That's all I can think of for now.

Sam

Last edited:

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Nice Sam

When can we see it?????

Agreed about the tank being sprayed

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
looks great Sam and i must aggree the rims do set it off nicely and make it look mean :) deff dont change them. tho i would b considering an engine swap and have the LS1 in this and the 5L in the other ahaha :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Those plugs arrived in good order Sam - thanks.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
dont like it, looks like a hotted up camry

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Krisp, hahaha!! for a second your comment had me a little confused, but I saw the tata and I understand now :)

cheers guys,

as for engine swaps, no I don't think so, however maybe MAYBE if I decide to keep this car I'd turbocharge it