Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Exec

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Agreed with you there mate. I have seen many colour coded garnishes and thought, why? They look really crap.

I'm gonna sand it back, the paint is fading very badly, then paint it the same sort of dark grey as the bumpers.

While I'm on the topic of looks, you may have noticed, I have the calais chrome trims around the windows. I haven't finished the quarter windows though. The trim along the top of the doors is too short to reach the new quarter windows.

Sounds strange, so I'll try explain. I bought a set off a VN calais (minus the quarter windows) then I was given just the set off the doors, 4 pieces in total. They are off a VP calais. Then I got the quarter windows off a VP calais, and I thought I would be sweet. But it turns out the piece along the top is shorter. So, the VN one is obvioulsly not the same size as the VP one. Now I am having the problem of tracking a pair down....

Cheers

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
OK, well finally painted my rear garnish. Just went black for now. What do you think?

Attachments

• P07-01-08_14.50.jpg
    P07-01-08_14.50.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 244

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
yeh looks good, something about it just dont seem right though i cant finger it atm. maybe tint the tail lights?

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Yep, I know what you mean. After I had finished it, I stood back and thought it was missing something. I am gonna get some night shades and tint the tailights.

Before I do, I have seen many threads on here about it, but I get so confused. Simple question, should I mask up the reflector when I do it?

Cheers,

Keep the feedback coming,

Sam

knightwolf

BOG STOCK VZ SV6...
Reaction score
Website
www.holdencommodoreclub.com
Members Ride
Red Hot 2006 VZ SV6 "DSTR01"
Garnish looks good now... but I dont see what the problem is with color coded ones mine is and suits, I think....

and well done with the centre consle, looks killer....

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
install looks very clean mate. tops :thumbsup:

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Thanks guys for the comments. I reckon the stereo install isn't too bad either. I just went for the old ipod in the glove box, but i'm curretnly planning on putting it in the centre console.

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Just thought I'd add a few new photos. I finished painting some more of the interior plastics, the air vents, grab handles on the doors, speaker covers.

Also want to do some more to the engine, but I'm strapped for cash, so if anyone has any cheap ideas to get a little extra power that'd be great.

Keep the comments coming

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 195
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 199
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Inside.jpg