Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VX Berlina GenIII

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Put my old Pioneer bluetooth head unit in yesterday. I was missing having my ipod! I found the brackets at FTG Holden for the 8" subs on the parcel shelf.

Also picked up some nolathane h/d sway bar links, just to tighten up the front end.

I'll have to bring it down to f/g one night.

Cheers,
Sam

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Here's some pics of the head unit installed.

Cheers,
Sam

Image448-001.jpg

Image449-001.jpg

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Very nice mate, bit of an upgrade from the VN lol. Will be sweet once you get a few mods done. You want it to be quick or more of a looker?

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
definately bring it down to fg mate. myself and nanos drive tuned LS1s and are happy to help ya out.

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Car's looking very nice mate. You'll have to show me after you get the tint done. How'd ya go pricing exhausts?
The head unit looks good, you'll find the little pocket underneath it isn't much use when taking off from the lights, I've had stuff flying out of it many times lol.

SAMO-87

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VX Berlina 5.7L
Thanks guys.

Geoff- I want both I think. I want it to go hard, but still look classy. Restricted on cash for a while, so i'll have to save and plan the mods carefully!

Sphinx- Thanks mate. Any help I can get on what to do, best place to go, etc, would be great!

Shane- Haha, yer that pocket isn't staying for too long. I want to get a double din screen, as soon as I can afford it! On the exhaust front, a twin 2.5" x force system fitted at Unique Exhaust in Bayswater, is about $580. Thats mild steel. Stainless was about $1200. I'll go the mild! But as above, cash is low, so exhaust won't be on early next year.

Cheers,
Sam

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
no worries mate. Nanos has an OTR cold air intake and I've got the GTS setup so atleast you'll be able to have a look at both and decide on which way you'll go.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
not long till u get some 'Teppa Time' lol. Car will look great with it.

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Yeah I'm in the same boat with the low cash! Lol. A pay rise would be so good right now.
We had a vt come through work for a detail with a double din screen with tv, sat nav, etc. I had a play with it while I was cleaning the interior. Makes me wanna get one as well. I wanna get an otr cai and a mafless tune before I go playing with the stereo though.
Let me know when you're planning on going to fountain gate and if I'm free I might take my new car down there as well.