Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sat Nav

milkojnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sedan
Hi guys,

As anyone seen or got the sat nav in their new VE yet?

I have my SAT NAV on order for my SS-V but know body know from my dealer or holdne when it will be available?

I heard it was meant to be fitted to new built cars from the 1sth Dec.

If you seen iit or know of web site with photos of the display and it's functions can you please let me know also.

Thanks

PS The new SS-V is worth every cent so far!!!!

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
I have ordered it for my Calais V. The dealer told me it would by available by "the end of the year"

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
but its not necessarily better... the optioned ones in the VE's are going to be a very good unit

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Maybe. Will wait and see. The other down side is they use the main screen. I prefer to have my audio information showing. Also, having the screen set low and in the centre isn't very ergonomic (or as safe) compared with it mounted on the dash right next to the driver's side A-pillar.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
then there will be the same complaints as there were in vy/vz with the screen being too small.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
but its not necessarily better... the optioned ones in the VE's are going to be a very good unit

Depends on what you buy. My TomTom shits all over the toyota system. No idea how the Holden system will run. I'm pretty sure all the Oz systems use Sensis data for the maps. The main differences are in the software.

Reaper.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
I agree with Reaper - the TomTom's are the best available... ACT Emergency Services are being issued with them!

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
I have seen posts on other forums which indicate that cars with Sat Nav installed started being delivered this week. So it must now be available.

milkojnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sedan
I have seen posts on other forums which indicate that cars with Sat Nav installed started being delivered this week. So it must now be available.

I have ordered mine when I purchased my car. It was meant to be installed into my SS-V this week.

I was told by the dealer that from the 1st of December they where going to be installed in the new cars being built.

We will have to wait and see.

I will let you know when I get it!!!

Merry Christmas everyone. Let's hope Santa brings me the Sat Nav before our driving holiday next week!!! Don't like my chances though.