Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SC V6 Conversion Cost

dazza33

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Wagon
Anyone got any idea's on what a mechanic would charge to fit a SC V6 into a VT Exec. Just fit i will have all the parts needed, Motor, Gearbox, Loom, Computer etc. Ball park figure would be great!

Cheers, Daz.

Quivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh Vacationer Wagon
Where abouts you located. WA?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
wouldn't be a cheap conversion. thats a complete engine/trans swap, then the wiring and other associated bits. most workshops would be charging between $50-80/hr. so even if they did the entire conversion in 2 days you would be looking at somewhere between $1000-1600 in labour cost alone.

your best bet is to have the complete donor car so that you can get all the little brackets/fittings and nuts and bolts that are also required to complete the transplant

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
go on l67torque and pm astro hes done a bunch

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
wouldnt you just need to drop in the L67 and 'box, then swap over the memcal for the s/c one? unless im missing something i dont understand why you'd need to wire it up with the L67 loom and pcm.

Quivr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh Vacationer Wagon
wouldnt you just need to drop in the L67 and 'box, then swap over the memcal for the s/c one? unless im missing something i dont understand why you'd need to wire it up with the L67 loom and pcm.

Yeah pretty much, i think that there may be 1 or 2 wires that are different but Justin (Astro of the L67torque forums) would know for sure. He has done heaps of conversions now.

If you are in WA mate send him a pm cos Bye Performance (his business) could probably do it in a weekend/fortnight. We just dropped one into a vs on the weekend.