Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

School Shooting

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I watch military footage just fine. Some is hard to watch at times. I’m no soft cock when it comes to those themes in games or movies either. I grew up in a military family.

I just watched the body cam footage from the cops that was released.

I switched off and I’m in a bit of shock. The bit when you can see the flashes in the window and you know that is someone pointing a gun at a little kid. A little fricken kid.

I couldn’t watch it all and it has upset me. Yes it had warnings and I thought I’d be fine.

What the actual **** is wrong with people.

The country involved is something I don’t even want to understand why guns are so important.

I’m not writing this thread to kick off a debate about guns.

Those poor kids.

I’m off to go get mine from school and am so lucky to take for granted that they will be happy and safe when I get them from school.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I’m off to go get mine from school and am so lucky to take for granted that they will be happy and safe when I get them from school.
Yes we are. We have good country's when you compare them to some others around the world.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should add that I feel for the cops too. They wouldn’t be feeling anything but adrenaline as that was happening and the relief when they got her would have been big.

But what about having to unpack that. Far out. They’d be broken.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I watch military footage just fine. Some is hard to watch at times. I’m no soft cock when it comes to those themes in games or movies either. I grew up in a military family.

I just watched the body cam footage from the cops that was released.

I switched off and I’m in a bit of shock. The bit when you can see the flashes in the window and you know that is someone pointing a gun at a little kid. A little fricken kid.

I couldn’t watch it all and it has upset me. Yes it had warnings and I thought I’d be fine.

The country involved is something I don’t even want to understand why guns are so important.

Those poor kids.

Yeah I’m with you mate. It breaks my heart when that sh1t happens. God (if there is one) forbid we ever go down that shitty track:(

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I’m not writing this thread to kick off a debate about guns
I am sure that somebody will want to debate their civilian use.

The old argument is about how guns don't kill people ................... people with guns kill people .................. so it is OK.
Everybody in 'that' country has the right to bear arms, dating back to when the Redcoats were the nasties, threatening to change the way people lived their lives, and the citizens of the day were encouraged to defend their homeland.
Now, nut cases with guns have the same rights, and the 'right' to kill people who threaten 'their' way of life .............. so it is OK, again.

We have our share of nutcases in Australia, but their choice of weapons for mass murder is limited, and the events in southern QLD of a few months ago are few and far between.

I grew up with guns in the house. And I can't remember when they were last used for feral pests ............. maybe 1956 ?
My daughter was shocked when I found an old photo of myself aged about 5, holding a .22 and a dead rabbit.
When I inherited them, and the gun buy-back happened in the late 1990s, I cut up the bolts, binned them, and handed in the useless rifles. Cops were not happy about that. I was supposed to hand in a complete, operational firearm.
Can't say that I miss them not being in the house. No good reason to think any different.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

It was pretty scary watching the small segment I saw on the TV news. It was very impressive watching the police at work - scaring as hell running in to a gun violence situation where the police could easily have been shot too. Very brave officers!

But I’m perplexed as to how you can seperate discussion of the shooting incident from discussion of the guns. I don’t think you can discuss one without discussing the other.

Everyday, there will be people who are very upset, or very off their head for whatever reason. Some people will become violent and will physically hit out at whoever they see is the cause of their upset or sometimes anyone else who just happens to be nearby at the time. Our police will deal with such matters everyday as part of their work. For example, it’s easy to see how a road rage incident can soon turn from a verbal to physical altercation easily enough. Most of us are aware enough to back out of such a situation.

However, it’s still easy to see how the situation can escalate when someone is very upset (either due to some sort of prior argument, incident, drugs or due to mental health issues). Bring in lethal equipment to such situations are the lives of all involved are quickly going to change forever - or end. Ultimately, when one is in a fit of rage, sense and reason goes out the door, and someone will use whatever tools are at their disposal.

Unfortunately, the US has got itself in a situation where the right of the individual to bear arms has overridden the rights of the collective to be safe.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
More about it was hard to watch and I am extra thankful today to be able to go get the kids and not have to worry about this rubbish. That’s the separation. There shouldn’t be an obligation to debate about guns.
Just want to be able to give the grommets an extra big hug today because I, and all of us can.

Last edited:

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
It wasn"t hard to watch really, it was good to see them get their prey. The police are trained for those scenarios and look forward to be the first to shoot dead the perp, they get a kick out of it amongst their armed mates in uniform.

What a crazy and f*ucked up country when their constitutional right to bare arms means getting automatic assault rifles legally, maybe they should send them to the war front in Ukraine before they qualify for those arms.

Yes it might be the land of the free and home of the brave but not if you"re a young defence less innocent child used for target practice.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The police are trained for those scenarios and look forward to be the first to shoot dead the perp, they get a kick out of it amongst their armed mates in uniform.
I understand you may be an intelligent person (no assumptions) but I think you’re way off the mark with the above assumption.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seeing gun flashes behind a window in a school is hard to watch. It’s being fired at children. I near cried.
Again. I’m not a soft cock.