Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Schools urged to install free condom machines

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Fail. It's up to the parents! NOT a school, youth center, refuge whatever.

Perhaps spend the money on providing more parental education courses for those dumb enough to think kids just fend for themselves.

Agreed with that as well Kikki, Yes i agree that is is up to the parents, but seriously, what kid is going to walk up to his mum and say "Mum, can i have money to buy some condoms so i can go and root this bird i just met"?

But i completely disagree with the vending machines in schools, one of the main reasons is our school only has 1 common room, and that is for year 12...

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
I openly talked to my dad about it, same as my sisters. There are plenty of people a child can go to and the fact this is aimed at kids 11/12 is utterly pathetic!

Parents should allow their kids to have open communication, most of the time its failure to have that, that causes issues.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I openly talked to my dad about it, same as my sisters. There are plenty of people a child can go to and the fact this is aimed at kids 11/12 is utterly pathetic!

Parents should allow their kids to have open communication, most of the time its failure to have that, that causes issues.

But thats the thing, Some people are fine with it, But i know people that wont speak of the matter with their parents, and even dont tell them they have a boyfriend/girlfriend, let alone ask for cash to buy rubbers..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Kikki it's year 11 or 12, not aged 11 or 12.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
I agree with the parents needing to take more responsibility, but like most things with kids, all parents can do is educate kids to know what the right choices are, its the kids responsibility to then make the right choice.

Having free condoms isnt a bad idea, if they are free kids will use them, but it would need to be controlled some in some way so that they are not wasted and miss used for balloons etc, that is a waste of tax payers money.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
What a joke. Why is it a schools responsibility to make sure deadshits that are screwing around are protected? If you dont want kids, dont have sex. Otherwise it is high bloody time the deadshit parents took some responsibility and armed THEIR children with what they need.

What an absolute discgraceful waste of tax payers dollars.

+1 Minux couldn't agree more. The governments solution to underage pregnancy's was to tell them more about it! Great idea! Fools!
Now they want to put condom machines in, hey why not put a bedroom in every common room too so they don't have to have sex in the toilets.

This is pathetic, there is no excuse for getting someone pregnant if you're not married/don't want a baby.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
coming from an all guys school, and yes i am still in year 12 there, there is only one way this would end.
######## guys who are bored dispensing them all putting white out in them and chucking them at anything and anyone possible.
sure the logic is smart behind the idea, but lets be honest, it's not going to work.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I actually agree with VK on this one. There are plenty of kids out there that do not feel comfortable with going to their parents or a family member and asking them for money to buy condoms. Plus there is the issue of kids being too embarrassed to go and buy them for themselves. I think the idea of having access to condoms in schools is a good idea but I don't agree with the idea of having them in vending machines.

spac89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pac
the government want to learn how to run this country properly and not worry bout having condom machines in schools anyway ,dont school nurses hand them out what happened to our rights as parents .