Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

scrapping when driving

lovemyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey all, bought this car couple months ago and already its bugging me. the problem is i cant even have a shopping load in my boot with out it scrapping when i drive over any hill or or bumps, especially on the main road when i go over dips or small hills. sorry for rambling :blah blah:

Attachments

• 5414_121358738895_572013895_2316886_3465131_s.jpg
    5414_121358738895_572013895_2316886_3465131_s.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 231

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
pretty simple solution mate get some higher springs like stocky said or bags if youve got the dollars, or if want it that low take the body kit off

sly_gen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim gen 3
what was the point of this thread? its not a question or anything some one with common sense didnt already know? low car = scraping

Robbo5390

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
cmon guys, settle :p

my money says this thread was started by one those ones that come from the planet venus, and if not shame shame shame.

btw looks like it would be illegally low anyways, hope they havent cut the springs

lovemyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
only looks that low cause its on grass in the picture, i know its really low and no im not an idiot, just wanted to know wat would be my best option. i live in country and roads are rough here. iv been told airbags are pretty rough driving on country roads

brockee

(HOUSE OF POWER)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 SENATOR SIG CAMMD A4
hey wats scraping body wheels or exhaust?????:hmmm:can be many of reasons 2 why its scraping ??? ie suspension shaged sssl spring in the back exhausts sit to low on the car!!!!have a bit off a look and find were it scraping.....fix prob then ???

brockee

(HOUSE OF POWER)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 SENATOR SIG CAMMD A4
by the way couldent be choped springs its irs back end mate?

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
well i dont get the first reply all ive done from stock is throw a set of 18's on my vx and it scrapes the tyres on inner wheel arch plastics, No weight in it 1/4 a tank of fuel and still does it.

Even when i had the stock 16" alloys on it used to scrapes on certain bumps.

So just mouthing of its low and has body kit is the reason is a pi$$ poor excuse for a comment.

Robbo5390

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
by the way couldent be choped springs its irs back end mate?

'duh' :hmmm: thats a good point brockee shouldve thought of that.

I use to own a 99 vt, the only scraping noise i ever had was that stupid plastic bumper under the front bar, i think its designed as a safegaurd from rocks and also to tell you your close to doing some damage, easy to check pop your head under the front and check it for scrapes.