Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scratches on door trim

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Hey folks. Looking for a bit of advice if I may. I run an Ambulance service for pets and this morning I had to transport a small dog in my car (the rapid response unit). Unfortunately the little fella got out of his cage and dug his claws into my door trim up near the window/door lock. Scratches are very fine and not at all deep. Just wondering if anybody had some tips in regards to removing or blending them?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Sorry for hijacking your post but this is important.
Talk about scratches I know of a guy that has a VF R8 and during a BOOZE bus test on the side of a road the cops had a drug dog there sniffing cars out. Now apparently the Dog jumped onto the wide bumper bar entering the boot on the VF boot as we all know that is a good area to scratch the bar with groceries and the dog put scratches on the rear bar with its claws and its been 3 months and the police still refuse to pay for the damage. So guys be careful with this as Police Dogs are doing there duty digging out drugoooos but by the look at it they the Dog handlers don't give a **** about our cars and since this is the case in this instance who is the real DOG. After this incident apparently now the police tell the owner of the car to stay in the car and pop the boot and DO NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR whilst the dog sniffs the boot out but by this you will not know if any damage has been done and if you pull over a 100M down the road they can deny that their dog has done damage to your vehicle. Be warned as according to the solicitor handling the case there has been a few of these heading for the courts only for the Police to pay the damages a week before the court mention

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
You could try this,

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/einszett_1z/plastic_and_vinyl_cleaner

Works well for removing abrasions, caused by boots, on your lower door trims.

+ 1 for this. I love the 1Z Interior range.
It will definitely clean it and make it look better but if there is actual damage to it the best it can do is hide it a little.
Once plastic and vinyl is scratched there is very little, if anything you can do to fix it, I get asked about it all the time.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Cheers gents.