Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scrubbing Tyres

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
If you want VY SS wheels get them but they may not fix your problem

1) smaller rim will decrease the amount of camber?
2) smaller rim, smalller width tyre, wont it be narrower?
3) being genuine holdens would they noy have correct offset?

Ive been wanting tp swap for genuine holdens for a while now especially vy ss as theyre my favorit, so may as well do it as it won't cost me anything. If I have the same problem a camber kit will be installed. Theyre not cheap though are they?

Thanks for the help!

Wheels dont affect camber.
Same overall diameter there 1/2 inch narrower so 12mm (see visual comparison in picture)
Yes they have the correct offset but I don't think you have an issue with the offset of the 19s

A camber kit is around $220 each side plus fitting. Google them, but there the only part that'll change the camber unless you ride height (springs)

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Thanks for the info mate, actually found it really helpful. Rep will be given!

I reckon I'll put 17s on see how I go, get a whrrl alignment and if I still have problems a camber kit will go on.

Cheers

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
just roll the guards its the cheapest option. whats to think about?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
wheel alignment isn't going to fix anything, there is no factory adjustment at all on a ffactory VT rear end, camber kit is needed.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
just roll the guards its the cheapest option. whats to think about?
Read the thread before commenting. Looks to be rubbing on the inside of the tyre.

wheel alignment isn't going to fix anything, there is no factory adjustment at all on a ffactory VT rear end, camber kit is needed.

Yeah becoming more accepting of the fact I'll need a camber kit. Still going to try 17s first and go from there. Pretty sure my car needs a wheel alignment anyway so eh can't hurt.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
FWIW, on my VT SS I run 8.5 (245/35/19 E45) front and 9.5 (265/30/19 E50) rear with no mods, no guard rolling (standard FE2) with only the very occasional scrub. Set-up just (by mm's) clears front struts / rear inner.