Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Seat Belt Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi guys

Just picked up a runout VYII SS. Does anybody know how to get rid of the annoying seat belt alarm?? I'm hoping its just a case of splicing the wires that come out of the seatbelt plug.

Thanks

Michael

Berlina

Reaction score
Website
s64.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vz sv6 A5
:hit: :hit: :hit:
Why the F@#k would you want to ???? :mad:

I hope you stuff up the electrics & blow the airbags up in your face...... :b:

Just leave the thing alone, build a bridge & get over it.... ;)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
What the hell is up your nose??? It was a simple question & certainly does not deserve such an agressive response.

Michael

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
haha yeah it was a bit up there with the crazyness, but seriously though, why??

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
If you take it to a friendly dealer they can do it with Tech2
(i see youre in SE Melb, PM Me)

Cheers Rob

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I spend a lot of time towing trailers around large buliding sites and the yard next to my factory. It is very often easier to see when reversing with my belt off and puting the thing on and off gets old very quickly.

Michael

Joff

Reaction score
Berlina said:
:hit: :hit: :hit:
Why the F@#k would you want to ???? :mad:

I hope you stuff up the electrics & blow the airbags up in your face...... :b:

Just leave the thing alone, build a bridge & get over it.... ;)

Why F@#k wouldn't you. :mad: Are you that simple minded that you can't remember to put your belt on. Does your house beep at you because you forgot to lock the door. What about the can when you forget to flush?

I just got back from nth Qld where I had a VY rental and I got so annoyed at the stupid little beeper that I will be doing everything posible to get rid of it when I get the VZ I have on order.

The problem with it is that you can't even sit in the car with the engine running (for the AC) for more than 30sec without it starting up. It is totaly annoying (as are all the other little beeps and buzzers in the car).

The worst thing (which will also be disabled if at all possible) is the 'rest reminder'. After 2 hours of driving the dash shows up a tree and the beeper goes off. You can snooze it for 20 mins at a time but that's it till you switch the car off. Screw that, I regularly drive a full tank at a time without a stop and I don't plan to stop just cause some beeper tells me too.

I'm with you Reaper, get rid of the stupid thing

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
keep it civil or i'll close the thread and the people who are replying in a hastly way shall be delt with ie: requiring a moder/admin to authorise their post before it comes on the forums so PULL YOUR HEADS IN and act civil ! and stop attacking each other in hastly ways! it's almost like we are in kindy....

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
it is a safety device designed to keep occupants of the car... hold on, wait for it... safe!

what do you think an airbag is?
what do you think a seat belt is?
what do you think a horn is?
what do you think low seatbelt light is?
what do you think rev limiter is?

they are all devices designed to keep the people in the car (and the car itself) safe. a car is a leathal weapon. its a rolling bomb that weighs over 1.2 tonnes and carries many liters of highly explosive fuel. all of these devices (warning lights/alarms and such) are made to make sure that even the most simple minded person is safe.

go for it anyway... cut the wires... short something out... why dont you disconnect the rev limiter and take out the seatbelts too? your not only putting yourself at risk here but everyone else who you drive past on the road.

i dont agree with the way Berlina wrote that post, but in short he does have a point. Reaper, i see your point also, but go about it the right way, not the wrong way. dont cut **** that you dont know what it does.

Doctor Bob, another good reply. Good rep points for you

Joff

Reaction score
VSUTE said:
it is a safety device designed to keep occupants of the car... hold on, wait for it... safe!

No it's a beeper :b: designed to annoy you into not driving without your belt on. Something that SHOULD be second nature by the time you get your license. Didn’t your mum always tell you to put it on???

It's not like an air bag, or a seatbelt or any other safety device. (frankly, that anyone could put it in that class astounds me) It's in the same category as the beeper that tells you your lights are still on. You are being an alarmist (cool pun huh) over a stupid little trinket. All they do is simply annoy the **** out of us and spoil a good drive.

By the way, how is a rev limiter a safety device :confused:

Oops there's the smoke detector, my toast is done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.