Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Second Gear Slipping??

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I wouldn’t be taking it to the dealer that replaced the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate to fix what I agree sounds like a shifter/gearbox problem unless there are no other dealers for at least a 100 miles.

Even a below ordinary mechanic wouldn’t have taken the approach they did.

jackieboy76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
I recently had the gearbox replaced under warranty on my sv6 manual, found it wouldn't go into first on occasion, as if there was something blocking it even though clutch was in and car wasn't moving. it was done at city Holden on pirie st. they were very good I had a foreman go for a drive with me there were no dramas at all they just had to get it cleared from Holden. I also like to give it a bit of stick sometimes and they didn't try to get out of it by saying it was driven wrong.
good luck hope you get it sorted out

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute
I recently had the gearbox replaced under warranty on my sv6 manual, found it wouldn't go into first on occasion, as if there was something blocking it even though clutch was in and car wasn't moving. it was done at city Holden on pirie st. they were very good I had a foreman go for a drive with me there were no dramas at all they just had to get it cleared from Holden. I also like to give it a bit of stick sometimes and they didn't try to get out of it by saying it was driven wrong.

I've actually had the exact same thing happen a couple of times where it just won't go into first. Should hopefully be getting it sorted out this week finally have time to take it back and get the job done properly.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 ute

How long did they have your car for??

snuglez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE THUNDER
How did you get on mate ? i have the same problem in my 11' ve sv6