Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Securing Sub to boot

sonofagunn87

Son Of A Gunn
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
just wondering if any 1 knows how to secure a 12" sub in a prefab box to the boot base, im not to sure if i drill into it i might hit the fuel tank, has anybody done this already?? please help

thanks

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i just used 2 bits of wire rope and secured the box (two 12's) to the seat back.
the pressure on thhe cables keeps it from moving towards the back of the car, the lip in the boot keeps it from moving forwards, two bits means it can't move from side to side.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
do you want security of just to stop the sub from moving?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
LOL if you do what I first did with Velcro it's security as well.... I covered the entire bottom of the box with Velcro. Worked great until I went to remove it.

I ended up removing the entire boot carpet with the box along with much swearing.

sonofagunn87

Son Of A Gunn
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute
Thank you for all your suggestions, i think ill just velcro it to the base

thanks again

J

JUDDO13

what about a L bracket and screw it into the back of the seats ?? just an idea unless u used velcrow already then dw about this post

Melfice01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 2000 S1
Just depends on how you want to fasten it i guess... In my VN, I used screws on the first sub.. Then i used Rivets on the second sub. Both with L brackets screwed in into the side of the sub box. (The werent small boxes either.. Both 15'S)

You just need to look underneath, or possibly drill from underneath..
Get the measurements from the where the L Brackets are, and try to work with that. Just dont drill from the top first :D.

But now ive got a VX Berlina. And the spare tyre is where the subs will go.. So im thinking of velcro. I've seen setups where the subs have been put into the tyre well. But i dont want to be out somewhere, being able to listen to good music, but be stuck cause i dont have a spare tyre :(.

Anyone with VX Sub installs in the boot out there to give me some advice? Perhaps even some perty pictures :D.

Edit: If i can be bothered finding my camera, ill take some pics of the sub in the VN, so you can get some ideas for Install positions,

Last edited:

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
I agree with the "L bracket" fellas - that's what I did. Additionally I used a pair of 5/16" "T-nuts" on the inside of the box, and a pair of 5/16" thumb screws through the brackets to hold the thing in. A "Speakon" connector on the box means I can disconnect it quickly without a danger of the wires shorting out - undo the thumbscrews, and the sub is out within about 30-40 seconds. ;)

Cheerz!