Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selecting Reverse + Rough Idle

Woogler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 Lumina HBD
Well today saw the idle deteriorate since Holden checked it out a few days ago, even though they were unable to identify any fault. I contacted the service dept again and said I wanted it fixed. I am going to leave it with them until they work out what the problem is this time! They rebuilt the engine about 12 months ago after 2 years of complaining. I have no doubt it is a result of this. I will keep you all posted. :b:

jaixx

Reaction score
VY II Rough Idle

I have a VY II and it also has a rough idle and I have spent literally thousands of dollars in changing parts and injector cleaning etc. I find it disgraceful that HOLDEN can not fix our problem. I have had it back to the dealer 4 times and they keep wasting my time with things like “dirty fuel” or “all VY’s have a flutter on idle” and other stupid answers like that. I can not believe they call themselves mechanics or professionals when they can not fix their own cars!!!! They are quick to take your money to investigate even though they can’t fix the problem!!

Because there are so many forums with this same issue, it should be their responsibility to fix this problem because it appears to be a design fault or part failure?

I suspect some electronic part has failed however if anyone finally gets a fix, please let us know.
:bang:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
have any of you guys cleaned the throttle body, in particular the iac tube?

the squating and raising of the vehicle is a result of the indepentendant rear suspension, as the suspension works freely bewtween the two wheels and the diff is bolted to the body this allows up and down movement in the suspension due to the torque applied to the wheels via the drive shafts and back into the diff,

so when you accelerate hard or place the gear into drive with the brakes lightly applied the back of the car will drop, and like wise the car will raise in reverse

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Regarding the rough idle....check the grade of oil you've got in your engine.
Handbook for the VY six cylinder recommends 10W-30 engine oil (but says use 15W-40 if it's unavailable).
I've used the heavier grade 15W-40 in mine and it caused a vibration and slight shake at idle.
The lighter grade oil doesn't seem to put as much load on motor (runs smoother and gives me about 0.3 litres/100k better fuel economy.

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
I had a VS that has a bad idle problem. Would be fine when cold but as soon as it got warm it would idle rough. Eventually it would throw a code of faults with O2 Sensor on one side. After Spending thousands of dollars on it, replacing just about every sensor, Numerous O2 Sensors, Ignition parts, injectors, even had the heads off, it turned out to be an electrical problem with the Left Bank for the O2 Sensor. Had the wiring replaced from the ECU to the O2 Sensor and it was fixed. The car was perfect after that.
But this took about 3 years to sort out. Did my head in.