Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

selling a car

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I'd wonder why a car with red P's or even green P's was for sale so soon. I'd understand if it was the shitty little datsun runabout and the kid was going for an upgrade but it does certainly make me think twice.
I wouldn't say i assume it'd be thrashed just because it has p's but still makes me wonder.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
when i was buying the calais it was advertised with p plates on it, but when i went and spoke to the guy, turns out he was also a mechanic. the guy that ended up buying my lexcen asked why i was upgrading etc and i pointed out all the probs so he was cool with it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Some people draw their own incorrect conclusions about cars being sold privately.

I sold my VR Berlina a few years back. It had 335,000km on it and I had looked after it exceptionally carefully. It was serviced every 5,000 km (oil and filter), the auto fluid was changed at 20k intervals, coolant replaced as per service schedule, brake fluid at 20k intervals. Paint was immaculate. The car had WH Statesman alloys, spoiler, interior was very clean. The car looked as though it had been cared for all its life. Because of the very high distance travelled, I had it marked at $3300. I had maintained a full and detailed history of all servicing and repairs, with dates, cost etc. It was as honestly presented as you could hope for when looking at a used car.

One bloke looked it over with his mate, then said "has to have been thrashed for that price". Nothing could be further from the truth. The person who bought it was present at the same time. He was stoked to get the car and I know it served him very well for some years after.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
cars are ment to be driven why would u go threw life just babying it around on the off chance someone wont buy it.. if u take care of it and maintain it properly then i dont see the problem..

ive been threw 12 cars on my ps and never had a problem with selling any of them with p plates displayed ..and i didnt go threw so many becasue they were flogged out bombs lol i just like a change

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
it has been on carsales since january :p....i can say alot of offers for swaps but nothin that catches my eye though..

because its been full on modded, people want to buy them stock, adding mods wont increase the value of your car, if im after a decent car i dont touch any that have been modded, even after market rims can put a buyer off

ViN3Y

V!N3Y
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
97 HSV Clubsport
the other thing...
when you ring for an add p'z or not and you ask if they will let you have a mech check it over or a racv or nrma check or watever and they say no....
obvious why isnt it...
when i was buying the first 5 i called didnt let me get a mech check and the three after the check wasnt that great...
took me weeks to part with my money
:)

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
my manual VS i sold in 2 days :)
Just took of the P's for the photo and gave her a realy good clean. A few 'arty' or 'scenic' shot will help your cause to.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hey mate..im currently looking for a new car aswell.

so many ********s out there with no brains!...like i see a commy i like ring up about it and the ********s have either sold it or traded it in and havent removed the add..happend a few times to me.

and on the weekend just gone me and the oldman have rung this bloke up to go have a look at his ute...almost about to take the exit off the highway to go were he lives...rings us up..oh i been speaking to the missus and im not shure if i wanna sell it anymore...dove ****ing half an hour to get told he donesnt wanna sell it?:bang:

complete bullshit..almost sick of looking for cars now:cry: