Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Separated statesman garnish

Jeremyjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 series3 vs statesman
Howdy folks , I'm about to remove to remove the garnish from my 98 stato in an effort to reseal where the top half is separating. Anyone had to do this before, how did you go about getting the garnish to seal together again? Thing is it requires a bit of force to press the two haves together again with my hands without taking it off, unsure if glue / epoxy will hold it

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes I've done it. At first tried to use plastic epoxy/plastic 'weld', but then used sikaflex and held it together with g clamps. I basically sandwiched the garnish with 2 pieces of wood with G clamps, but you need to be REALLY careful not to crack the garnish. It's been like that for about 2 years now and seems fine. BUT, it never lined up properly with the bootlid again until I replaced the bootlid and fitted the bobtail spoiler. Now it looks perfect, you'd never notice that it had been damaged previously.

Jeremyjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 series3 vs statesman
Cheers dude , I may just buy another after looking closer today but that will do to seal it up until I do.