Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sequential Injection. Can I Have A Definition & Explanation Of How It Works?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
Just curious to know how it works different to the 'non sequential injection'.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
basically sequential injection works by pulsing the injectors only when the corresponding intake for that cylinder is opened. meaning that the injectors will only fire one or two at a time.
this works differently to a bank fire system where a series (bank) of injectors are all pulsed at the same time, even if the intake for that cylinder isnt opened. the fuel sits in the runner untill its intake is open where the mix then passes on to be combusted.
this is how i understand the two systems anyway...

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
basically sequential injection works by pulsing the injectors only when the corresponding intake for that cylinder is opened. meaning that the injectors will only fire one or two at a time.
this works differently to a bank fire system where a series (bank) of injectors are all pulsed at the same time, even if the intake for that cylinder isnt opened. the fuel sits in the runner untill its intake is open where the mix then passes on to be combusted.
this is how i understand the two systems anyway...

In other words sequential injection saves heaps of fuel...

thanks guys... I understand better now.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
not heaps but a small margin, they are still pulsing the same amount just at different times. sequential injection uses a cam angle sensor to sense when the intake valve will be open