Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 headunit into series 1 any one had one work yet?

dozz88

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV
I am currently in the process of fitting an omega iq unit to my series 1 ssv. Just waiting on a couple more parts from my wrecker but I have been researching this thoroughly and found it hard to find the correct information. I paid $450 for the unit with all the trim peices and from what I have read its probably just easier to get someone to install it for you. I am getting ultimate conversion wiring to do it but I live in sydney so this makes it easy. I will do a proper write up when its complete but for now as far as I can gather the parts you will need are:

IQ unit and fascia
IQ mounting cage
Top vent trim part with separate vent duct
Lower fascia surround trim
Lower trim bracket
Dash strips
Series 2 Shifter surround (auto and manual are different)
I also have this other part which attaches to the heater part in the glovebox which apparently I need

These parts along with reprogramming and wiring harness will allow it to function. Hope this helps and will do a full write up in a week or so.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
I am currently in the process of fitting an omega iq unit to my series 1 ssv. Just waiting on a couple more parts from my wrecker but I have been researching this thoroughly and found it hard to find the correct information. I paid $450 for the unit with all the trim peices and from what I have read its probably just easier to get someone to install it for you. I am getting ultimate conversion wiring to do it but I live in sydney so this makes it easy. I will do a proper write up when its complete but for now as far as I can gather the parts you will need are:

IQ unit and fascia
IQ mounting cage
Lower trim bracket
Dash strips
I also have this other part which attaches to the heater part in the glovebox which apparently I need

These parts along with reprogramming and wiring harness will allow it to function. Hope this helps and will do a full write up in a week or so.

Awesome mate shoot me a message once it's up keen to have a look.

ufo8mycow

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VF
Question i guess i have, is there anyone here willing to reprogram and do what needs to be done to a Series II unit if i post it over and pay for your services?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
+1 for DoubleDip.

He helped me with mine (Programming), and he is currently the most knowledgeable in regards to what is possible in terms of programming these IQ units.
DoubleDip VIN matched mine, and turned off all the lockouts (Video in Motion, Phone and Map access).

He even showed me some custom startup animations for the IQ, (much like what he can do with the Series I headunits) though I am not sure if this service is ready for the masses yet ;)

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)

IQ unit and fascia
IQ mounting cage
Lower trim bracket
Dash strips

The shifter surround is only really needed for the S1 Holden sport models (IE SV6, SS and SSV),
the Series II surround (and the non sports models on Series I) have a little kick at the end of the surround (It is upturned so as it meets up with the the cubby box on Series I models.
So if you have a S1 Omega, Berlina, Calais or E1, E2 HSV, then this surround is not really needed. (But colour matching may be a problem).

The Part that attaches to the heater box is pretty important. Its the HVAC controller, and basically drives the Heater, Fan, and solenoids that direct the air around the car.
For series I models without Dual Zone Climate Control (Eg Omega, SV6 and SS models), this needs to be modified to trick the IQ unit in to thinking that you have all the extra sensors required for Climate control operation. (Eg cabin and outdoor temp sensors, sunload sensor, and DZ temp solenoid).

Oh, and the IQ unit supports EVERYTHING that the Series I head units support.
This includes the Rear Seat Entertainment system, park assist overlay and reverse camera. (Though you cant use Series I Sat Nav with the Series II models... Dont know why anyone would want to though).

Series I RSE connected to IQ unit (With VIM lockout removed).

image.php

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Does the series 1 holden rse wiring harness (not inbuilt one) plug straight into iq unit? If so i might buy a s2 caprice unit and send to zerone to get it put in my berlina..

dozz88

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV
Hey zerone, just a quick question - I got the shifter surround bought brand new from holden and justin from ultimate conversion wiring is installing the iq on my s1 ssv on thurs but I only have the plastic piece where the window, mirror and T.C. buttons are, will I need the s2 cup holders etc too? Because I noticed it is a bit shorter than the s1 surround

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You shouldn't need to change the cup holders, but there are 2 different types of holders available for S1 and S2.
There are the one piece models (Fitted to the sport models), which is missing the silver rings around the top.
Then there is the two piece types, which have the silver painted rings (Which can be unclipped from the cup holder).

image.php

The rings make the top of the cup holder a little larger, but it is definitely not going to be a show stopper if you fit the 1 piece units.
(Everything will fit up just fine).

Hope this helps

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Does the series 1 holden rse wiring harness (not inbuilt one) plug straight into iq unit? If so i might buy a s2 caprice unit and send to zerone to get it put in my berlina..

IQ Wiring Harness is completely different to S1 Radios.
So you will need to repin the Radio connector (or get an adapter) to get the IQ unit working.
This is regardless if you have RSE, Sat Nav, Reverse Camera, or some hard wired Aux input.

P.S. I don't program, wire or fit these things. I did this once on my own car, and its something that I would not enjoy tolerating again.

If you want anything done, you will need to speak to DoubleDip for costing and availability.