Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 spoiler upgrade

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Sedan Manual LS3, VY II Adventra LS1 CX8
I've got a series 2 SSV with the spoiler lip that sits against the boot lid, just wondering if anyone has upgraded to a full spoiler that only attaches on either side?

Does the bigger spoiler fit the same drilled holes, would I need to fix or respray the boot lid at all? Or could I just order a colour coded one and swap it out?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I've got a series 2 SSV with the spoiler lip that sits against the boot lid, just wondering if anyone has upgraded to a full spoiler that only attaches on either side?

Does the bigger spoiler fit the same drilled holes, would I need to fix or respray the boot lid at all? Or could I just order a colour coded one and swap it out?

Many more holes on your existing bootlid...
You would need to fix and respray plus drill new holes for large spoiler...
Probably cheaper to keep an eye on wrecked cars on ebay etc and buy the boot with large spoiler...

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn, and thanks.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Yea, I think the factory-fitted boot lids with big spoiler are likely to have extra reinforcing on the underside.
No they dont, they are the same. Even the bolt holes are pre-drilled bar the boot lid aluminium itself.

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
No they dont, they are the same. Even the bolt holes are pre-drilled bar the boot lid aluminium itself.
So does this mean it's the same bolt holes and could possibly be swapped out?

sjp770

Reaction score
Members Ride
I upgraded mine from the boot lip, to the raised spoiler.

It required me to swap the entire boot lid with one from a wreck. They go for $400-$800
So that plus $640 for a genuine spoiler from OPG ebay, then painting and fitting...

Ok, thanks