Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 SV6 idle

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post some observations about my 2012 series 2 SV6. No mods, 12 months old and 13,000klm.

On cold start while the car is idelling a just over 1000rpm there is a distictive "cough" / "missfire" / "stutter" in the idel. This seems to be less noticeable when the cars idel drops after about 1 during this computer controlled warm up. However it still feels as though there is "miss" or whatever it might be, in the idel.

When the car is hot the issue is all but gone (not as noticeable). The is all noticed while the car is stationary. It does it every day.

I have tried all different fuel brands and RON (95 & 98 only) and the had the same results. I though these new LFX engines were suppose to be silky smooth.

My wifes old 6 banger (VY 2003 V6 executive) with 90,000klm is smoother than my engine on startup and idel.

Any ideas what could be the issue? or is it normal holden rough engine technology at play...

Cheers
Phil

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
normal, mine does it as well

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
If i'm sitting at lights waiting sometimes my S2 has a miss and shakes, sorts itself out pretty quick and does not display any faults.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I've got the sidi in my my10 sv6, and mine feels as smooth as anything. Apart from the customary ticking of the sidi, mine is fine.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
If i'm sitting at lights waiting sometimes my S2 has a miss and shakes, sorts itself out pretty quick and does not display any faults.

Same, no codes, no fault lights and sorts itself out quickly...

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I've got the sidi in my my10 sv6, and mine feels as smooth as anything. Apart from the customary ticking of the sidi, mine is fine.

You will have the LLT SIDI engine. The later Series2 (december on I think) have the LFX, slightly different engine. :)

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

Same, no codes, no fault lights and sorts itself out quickly...

same, almost feels like it will stall, fark knows why it does it