Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 VE Bluetooth takes ages to connect

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I'm just wondering if it's a common issue for Bluetooth to take a while to register as connected in the car? On my phone it shows up as connected near immediately when the car is turned on, but I have to wait a good 30 seconds (sometimes longer) to be able to select Media to play audio from the phone.
Perfect example, car is off but acc is on, playing music from phone. Start the car, Bluetooth connection is lost, so the car starts playing the radio, until that 30 odd seconds have passed, then I can choose to connect back to Bluetooth (nothing happens automatically)

I have deleted all other devices from the car, so it shouldn't be trying to connect to something other than my phone

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Yep, my 2012 S2 Calais takes at least 30 seconds to connect.

What's the hurry ?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yup. Same with the VE series one as well. Mine will take a good 30 seconds or so to connect. Shits me off no end when I turn the car on right as the traffic report comes over the radio. :mad:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Normal when using Bluetooth, another good reason not to use it...

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
It's not that I'm in a rush, but the fact that it doesn't automaticlaly connect to the same media device that was used when the car turns off is quite annoying..

It's not normal for other cars - our Mazda 3 will automatically resume back to bluetooth. Also the fact that the phone displays as connected right away, but the car still doesn't update is a little confusing..

Is it just a poor quality bluetooth module/integration that Holden added to this car? Are there third party integrations available that might help?

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Different versions of software takes longer for a handshake