Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 2 VE Ss sedan exhaust all the same?

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
Are all series 2 Ve ss exhaust all the same? I have a 2.5 Xforce and I looking for a standard one as I hate the AFM drone!! Was looking at a manual one and wonder if its the same.

Any help would be great.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Manuals and auto's have different mufflers.

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
If you want to eliminate drone I would suggest installing a full Xforce 1/3/4 headers with 100 cell 3 inch cats and a 3 inch catback in stainless steel. They sound awesome and guarantee no drone. You will have to take afm off though. Think it's called dod delete or something like that

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
It won't matter what exhaust you get. AFM will make it drone. Get it tuned and turn the AFM off. If you want AFM well you can't really have an exhaust. And xforce isn't garenteed not to drone... If anything the garentee to drone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Why not keep your performance exhaust and put the stock AFM mufflers back on? zero drone. You will not lose noticeable performance, several drag racers are doing this in the US as it actually maintains escape gas velocity.
Sounds like this:
http://youtu.be/lkFcXgb51vw

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
It won't matter what exhaust you get. AFM will make it drone. Get it tuned and turn the AFM off. If you want AFM well you can't really have an exhaust.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty solid statement, however; I have seen and heard videos and testimony of a Sureflo Exhaust, R&D on his own AFM A6 Wagon that is 99.9% drone free. I have not one myself yet, but next month I'll have the headers and cats to start with.

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
Their entire trademark is no drone, that means we can all sue them right? lols It sounds like you had a bad experience with xforce exhausts which can happen, but like all products 95% come out right and then there is the 5% which are faulty.