Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series II Steering wheel on Series I?

Lecko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys, i just bought a leather steering wheel thats from a series II i believe. Its got no buttons or the insert trim. Was wondering will this fit in my series I 07 omega? Ive heard the buttons are to big for the leather wheel so is it possible to remove the board from my omega controls to the hsv controls?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Im pretty sure all the steering wheels are the same. By this I mean trim and buttons. Im sure you will have no problems moving the trim over to your new wheel aslong as you have a ruff idea on what you're doing.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The steering wheel will physically fit, no problems..
However the Omega steering wheel controls are physically bigger than the steering wheel controls from other models. (Just like you said basically).

You can take out the boards for the steering wheel controls, however you will still have the problem of obtaining the switch trim bits to fit these to.
The other alternative is to carefully cut the switch trims down a bit to fit the leather trims.
Or alternatively, you can source new/used steering wheel switches.

FYI, the only difference between Series I and Series II Steering wheels and trim bits is the Airbag Wiring connectors are different for Series I and Series II Models.
(I.E you cannot fit a Series II airbag to a Series I, and vice versa, without changing the connectors, or the clockspring)..

Hope this helps