Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Serious about a exhaust

adem1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais II International
i got a vt calais international & i dont like fake v8 sounds especially if the car is not a v8
wer do i find a proper exhaust system but with no hard grunt or what do i look for???
i prefer to hear my supercharger whine (=

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
You don't want to hear an exhaust note, but rather just want to hear the charge whine? You want a large rear muffler I think to quieten the exhaust. Best you ring a few exhaust shops and tell them what to want to achieve. Sureflo make custom exhausts and can make you a very quiet exhaust. I had this done a few weeks ago, very happy with the result.

VRSen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX s
lukey 21/2 inch cat back stainless is what i have and when i didnt have extractors had a nice note at around 1900 - 2200rpm and after that just a slight bit of a note nothing loud

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I have the 2 1/2 Inch cat back with a twin rear resi. This system actually with the resi installed later

TWIN 2.5" EXHAUST COMMODORE SEDAN VT VY VX VZ V8 SS - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Nov-09 21:15:51 AEDST)

Puts out a pretty good note and when you put your foot down you can def still hear the whine.
If you wanna make the whine louder + hear it draw in a bugger load more air install a DYI..... If your budget is tight. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...e-1997-2002/18150-homemade-air-duct-pics.html Can't argue with the result. Have it installed myself

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do the twin 2 1/2" system as above with the resonator already in the rear for $420. Comes with tips.

adem1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais II International
I have the 2 1/2 Inch cat back with a twin rear resi. This system actually with the resi installed later

TWIN 2.5" EXHAUST COMMODORE SEDAN VT VY VX VZ V8 SS - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Nov-09 21:15:51 AEDST)

Puts out a pretty good note and when you put your foot down you can def still hear the whine.
If you wanna make the whine louder + hear it draw in a bugger load more air install a DYI..... If your budget is tight. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...e-1997-2002/18150-homemade-air-duct-pics.html Can't argue with the result. Have it installed myself

thanks for the info mate great help yeh i have a after market pod filter whines like a bitch
wen i put my foot down on her =D