Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service and Tune

Ramsay1002

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6 S2
Went to GM and got a dyno tune aswell as an OTR, My old man's VF SS went through there within a week of the car delivery, Good blokes who know what they are doing, Highly reccomended

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ha! Smart arse. :p;)
I went for a drive today and was a little aggressive with the throttle.
Do you need to fill up yet :cool::p

Hahaha, that’s being more of a smart arse ;)

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
I went for a drive today and was a little aggressive with the throttle.
Do you need to fill up yet :cool::p

Hahaha, that’s being more of a smart arse ;)

Yes please. It's got about 100ks left in the tank. If you would be so kind;). Tomorrow I'm gonna pound the dust outta mine just so you have to fill up.:D:D:D

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes please. It's got about 100ks left in the tank. If you would be so kind;). Tomorrow I'm gonna pound the dust outta mine just so you have to fill up.:D:D:D
Haha, wasn’t an invitation for a free tank of fuel so keep dreamin’ :p

Last edited:

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
I'm interested in any opinions too, as I'm tempted by an uprated intake and tune for my R8 at some point.
I've not seen many CAI offerings in Melbourne, most shops seem linked to either Harrop or VCM OTRs.

The exhaust on the R8 is already a little more free flowing than a stock Redline (bigger headers?) so might be better balanced.
I quite like induction noise so might be OK anyway.
R8 exhaust is Alot more free flowing than a Redline, not a little

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
I wouldn't have thought that.

the r8 cat back is a big improvement over the stock redlines 2 1/4 exhaust, the hsv r8 cat back spec is 2 1/2 inch pipe, has a X Pipe type cross over and two small resenoter style hotdogs compared to the stock redlines 2 1/4 pipes with extra restrictive muffler which is just after the factory cats,
the r8 hsv cat back is a bargain sports exhaust mod improvement that can be had for around $200-250, not to mention the louder sound,
for any one on a budget the r8 hsv cat back flows a lot better than the stock redlines , it's a no brainer low buck performance mod

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
the r8 cat back is a big improvement over the stock redlines 2 1/4 exhaust, the hsv r8 cat back spec is 2 1/2 inch pipe, has a X Pipe type cross over and two small resenoter style hotdogs compared to the stock redlines 2 1/4 pipes with extra restrictive muffler which is just after the factory cats,
the r8 hsv cat back is a bargain sports exhaust mod improvement that can be had for around $200-250, not to mention the louder sound,
for any one on a budget the r8 hsv cat back flows a lot better than the stock redlines , it's a no brainer low buck performance mod
I have a R8 Cat back exhaust on my SSVR. Day and night difference

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
And now you've said all that the price has gone up to $500 :p