Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Engine Oil

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
it was probably reflashed as a matter of course during routine servicing by a dealer, if not you are blessed.lol

yay god does love me:thumbsup:, my car hasnt been to a dealer since i bought it.

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
6 weeks ago I had a 60,000 service done to my VZ Commodore. I have now travelled another 2,000 km's and the computer is coming up with the message - "service engine oil".
exact same thing just happened to me

mickkc

Reaction score
Maybe you took yours to the same place I took mine!
I now have an ABS error message coming up but the light does not stay on, just comes up with the message when you turn the ignition on.

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
yea just on start up, so is taking it back to holden the only way to fix?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Maybe you took yours to the same place I took mine!
I now have an ABS error message coming up but the light does not stay on, just comes up with the message when you turn the ignition on.

that caused by low voltage, your battery will drop its guts soon

schteven

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
3 days out of warantee they said 95$ to fix. no deal

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
the normal reset procedure wont fix this issue, it is a software fault, both the engine & the instrument ECU need to be reflashed with the correct software.

That's only true for V6 only Bob,with the V8s the engine oil life has to be reset after every service with the Tech2.
I'd just clear it and see how long it takes to come back on if it's a V6.
As long as you stick to your servicing requirements,just ignore the warning and clear it when it pops up.Easier and cheaper than spending $75 - $95 for something that won't really do much for you.

These warnings can be quite random,i've seen some cars with over 60,000kms that have only come on once and never again after clearing it.
The only way of ensuring that it never comes on again is to program the ECM or PCM on a V6.

If your car is a V8,then take it back and tell them that it should have been reset as part of the service you have already paid for.

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
I was talking to a holden mechanic when i was there to have my vq hooked up to the tech 2, and he was looking over my car trying to tell me what was wrong with it, he told me i had lost compression and needed a rebuild.... i replaced the fuel pressure valve after doing my OWN diagnostics and the problem was fixed.....

If he tried to hook up your VQ to a Tech2 he obviously had no idea anyway,you use the Tech1 for those old bangers :) .Or have you changed the engine?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
That's only true for V6 only Bob,with the V8s the engine oil life has to be reset after every service with the Tech2.
I'd just clear it and see how long it takes to come back on if it's a V6.
As long as you stick to your servicing requirements,just ignore the warning and clear it when it pops up.Easier and cheaper than spending $75 - $95 for something that won't really do much for you.

These warnings can be quite random,i've seen some cars with over 60,000kms that have only come on once and never again after clearing it.
The only way of ensuring that it never comes on again is to program the ECM or PCM on a V6.

If your car is a V8,then take it back and tell them that it should have been reset as part of the service you have already paid for.

yes true but it will come back, get it fixed correctly by reflashing.