Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service intervals and what gets done, V6 Police options

electricmonk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing...Yet
I'm looking at buying a VX or VY V6 and just wondered if there is a list that states the life span of certain parts. Like when should the timing chain be replaced. We are looking under 150 000k's and using all the money in the purchase so wont have a lot for servicing straight after. I can do most mechanical stuff myself. Are the bolts and such metric or imperial, my guess would be imperial being a Buick clone.

Is there a list of VY "M" codes anywhere? Or a list of what came standard on an executive?

We are going to have a look at a VY that has 104 000 on the clock. The diff had a clunk so it was replaced as well as the drivers seat which was worn (under warranty) However it's an ex cop car. I asked this question in the VX section but that had 88000 on the clock. This one had only 20000 on the clock when auctioned so I was assuming it would have been an office car rather than a patrol car. is the consensus still to stay away?

If not should it still have cruise? FE2 suspension (the wife liked the feel of the vx)? What else would it have optioned on or off?

Thanks for any help. (I hate buying things I am not familiar with lol )